What did you do in the garden today?

And just like that, it is summer! All the lows in the forecast are 51°F or higher, and all of the highs are 83°F or higher.

Everything went in the ground yesterday, except for the wild strawberries that I want to plant around my new fruit trees, flower seeds, and all the marigolds that I am not sure I have room to interplant. They might just get planted behind all the nasturtiums that I didn't have room to interplant. I still need to replant my cabbage (only 1 seedling is still alive), cucumbers, and something else that I can't remember at the moment...

I'd love to get all of the planting done tomorrow, but it might have to wait for Thursday.

We were going to build our tomato trellises out of trees/branches we cut down, but decided it will be much better if we buy materials. The stuff we cut down got all wonky, so, won't be very useful. I could still use some for the beans and cucumbers, though! We will see what happens when I get to them.

Whatever rain that might happen this week will probably not make it this far east. I'll be watering the gardens alternately.

The only thing left to plant is the honeysuckle I bought at the sale. I don't have any idea when kind it is, or if it's a vine or bush type. I need to find a place for it that will be ok for either type.

Are there any bunny knowledgable people on here? I have one that had a huge swelling on his face. Upon trying to get him out of his cage it burst open. Lots of pus with "bits" and it was bloody at the end. I will try to irrigate with saline to make sure its clean, but o only have saline packets for nasal rinse. I do have single use syringes. The skin is pretty hard for about a half dollar size - 2"(?).
no idea if its an abcess from an overgrown tooth, but i think rabbits teeth dont grow up like a rat, right? Or if its a bite or sting of some kind that got infected. It was not there, or at least much smaller and not noticeable, a couple of days ago.
i looked at his teeth and they look perfect.

edit:
hes inside for the time being. They live outside usually.

Attachments

• 305FAE94-1CB0-4757-BE25-274EC9C0CE52.jpeg
    305FAE94-1CB0-4757-BE25-274EC9C0CE52.jpeg
    419.5 KB · Views: 8
@TJAnonymous, sorry to hear about your mother's passing. It's hard to lose your parent(s) even when you know they had a good life. Both of my parents suffered on the way out and it was a blessing for them when it ended.

But yeah, I know it's hard and I still miss them. So, I'm sending some love your way and hope it helps... :love:love

Are there any bunny knowledgable people on here? I have one that had a huge swelling on his face. Upon trying to get him out of his cage it burst open. Lots of pus with "bits" and it was bloody at the end. I will try to irrigate with saline to make sure its clean, but o only have saline packets for nasal rinse. I do have single use syringes. The skin is pretty hard for about a half dollar size - 2"(?).
no idea if its an abcess from an overgrown tooth, but i think rabbits teeth dont grow up like a rat, right? Or if its a bite or sting of some kind that got infected. It was not there, or at least much smaller and not noticeable, a couple of days ago.
i looked at his teeth and they look perfect.

edit:
hes inside for the time being. They live outside usually.
Might be better to post this to some in emergency threads.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/page-3651

Back
Top Bottom