What did you do in the garden today?

I was able to run all the electric fence wires around my garden today and got the fence charger grounding rod pounded in to the dirt. I still have to do all the electrical connections, which will happen tomorrow.

The lower three wires will be hot. I ran a large poly rope up higher, at around 5.5 feet, just for visual effect.

The two corner posts nearest the shop are removable so I can open up two of the sides easily.

The chickens seemed to enjoy watching me work while they lolled around in the sunshine.

IMG_1214.JPG IMG_1215.JPG IMG_1216.JPG IMG_1217.JPG

Still 13 pages behind after reading a bunch... so just paying and moving on.

Busy as a bee lately. Every weekend is jam packed with activities/events it seems. Hard to find the time to get things done in the garden, or even work on the truck or the shed build. There's been gravel in my driveway for a month now - the pile is small now, but it should have gone in two weekends if I wasn't so busy away from home all the time.

Made a yankie slaw with kohlrabi from the garden mixed with apples and red cabbage for a BBQ on Sunday. Smoked the cow head from our 1/4 cow order on Monday and made tacos - not quite a good as last year but still tasty. Cooked more greens recently, using what we can before they bolt beyond use.

Peppers are starting to fruit and so arev tomatoes - those early starts are going to pay off I think. Melon plants are growing slow. I how they are not going to be a bust again. Carrots need to be thinned. Everything else is doing alright.

Back
Top Bottom