What did you do in the garden today?

Thanks I might try this setup look very nice.
I switched to PEX tubing. It's strong but more forgiving to the bending than the PVC, also less expensive. You can use pvc stubs and u-clips for the pvc, to hold the pex at the wood frame. And if you want to connect all the PEX together at the top, you can zip tie a 1/2 inch pvc pipe at the peak.

I switched to PEX tubing. It's strong but more forgiving to the bending than the PVC, also less expensive. You can use pvc stubs and u-clips for the pvc, to hold the pex at the wood frame. And if you want to connect all the PEX together at the top, you can zip tie a 1/2 inch pvc pipe at the peak.
Thanks I’ve always wanted a very small green house next to the garden. I may have to try building one this fall. Thanks for sharing.

I have lots of pex laying around. I think it's on par with PVC for flex except the UV stability of pex is less than half of PVC. So, I use PVC. I can leave it out for years and years without issue. PEX, only lives for 5 years tops in the sun. I literally deal with UV stability every day for my job. I'm constantly telling people to put UV rated split loom over cables. Lol. I love PEX, but not for this application.

Eta: I leave my PVC in the sun for 10+ years and it isn't breaking. PEX, 5 years and it's breaking into bits.

I have lots of pex laying around. I think it's on par with PVC for flex except the UV stability of pex is less than half of PVC. So, I use PVC. I can leave it out for years and years without issue. PEX, only lives for 5 years tops in the sun. I literally deal with UV stability every day for my job. I'm constantly telling people to put UV rated split loom over cables. Lol. I love PEX, but not for this application.

Eta: I leave my PVC in the sun for 10+ years and it isn't breaking. PEX, 5 years and it's breaking into

Thanks I might try this setup look very nice.
Oh! Also, on half of my garden beds I used 2" PVC to hold the 1/2" bows (hoops) so my patio umbrella fits in them. So I can use them in the summer to keep me cool in our 105° weather.

I make batches, usually 3 gallons at a time, every two weeks. I bottle and do a secondary ferment, mixing in 1/4 cup sour cherry juice per bottle. Love that stuff. I can drink all of it by myself, too; hubby is not a fan.
I tried it, but there were 2 buts…..first of all, even though I love the taste of tea, I can’t drink it after 3 pm cos then I can’t sleep, have trouble sleeping anyways 🤷🏻‍♀️ the 2. problem was that I had mold trouble, I sterilized everything, but still, mold showed up after 2 weeks, no matter what I did, maybe I put too little sugar in 🤔 but I don’t want too much sugar in my fluids since I love eating sweets and have to watch out how much I take in , not good for my joints

It can be difficult to get motivated when ill, so focus thoughts, healing & gratitude for what the future holds, better days feeling better, sunshine, the flowers & garden, the flock.
This, for sure, helps me.
I say I'm grateful for sunrise, my sweet roosters' crows good morning, a good cup of coffee or tea, whatever pops into my mind. I believe positive thoughts can have a definite effect on our physical form
Me too. You put this very well. Thank you.:hugs
problem was that I had mold trouble, I sterilized everything, but still, mold showed up after 2 weeks,
https://www.kombuchakamp.com/kombuc...y-kombucha-scobys-mold-formations-on-top-brew
See if this helps you figure out what happened. I have never had mold, in 5? 6? years of brewing kombucha.

https://www.kombuchakamp.com
This is the link I was looking for yesterday, @igorsMistress and @Liz Birdlover. I learned everything I know about brewing kombucha from this site.

One BIG difference between homemade and store bought kombucha is the fizziness. When you buy it, like buying soda pop, you always get the same level of fizz. My tea varies, subtly, but I can tell.

Commercial tea uses "forced" carbonation. Not sure how it's done, but they force the CO2 into the liquid. Home brew uses "natural" carbonation, ie, the culture uses sugars in the liquid to make the CO2, and because the bottle is sealed, it has to go into solution.

Good morning gardeners. Waiting for the sun to take care of the rest of the snow and ice. Our ground is so soggy even though it’s still partly frozen. More rain coming in a couple of days. I’m planning on doing what I can to prep the garden beds this week. I also need to get busy patching up the old chicken coop and run so I can move the flock and use the “winter-coop” to brood the new chicks that are coming. Grand daughter was very happy to have her own little secret garden to finally plant her own stuff. I forgot to add the fairy statue and the bowl of pansies. I think it may be safe to out the pansies out today. I gave her several grow bags to start with and DD is going to take her seed shopping.
IMG_6581.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom