What did you do in the garden today?

Saw a lot of peacock butterflies or their look alkies today. DW told me I was right today. She does not tell me often. ;) Pear tree is blooming.
DSCN1338.JPG

Btw, my dehydrated eggs were a bust. I tried them in the oven at 170 for 12 hours because I didn't have any silicone trays to use in my actual dehydrator. They came out like a slab of rubber instead of something I could actually grind into a powder. 😕
Try parchment paper, works great.

Put out some more wildflower seeds... I also fertilized my apple and hazelnut trees since we are in for a good soaking over the next few days.

BTW, I also captured a picture of the really weird shadows from the trees due to the eclipse. This is called the pinhole effect.
View attachment 3795895View attachment 3795896

OK, off to grab my laptop so I can share my Garden Excel file.
We don't have any leaves yet.

OK, is that a garden layout design? That's what is looks like to me. Nicely done.

That might come in handy for me. I checked out that SeedTime software, and you have to pay extra for the garden layout feature.

Thanks for sharing.
Yes, that's my garden layout. I basically assume each cell is roughly a 1 ft x 1 ft area. I show all my raised beds or large containers, along with the in-ground garden space and inside the hoop house. The gray areas are walking paths. I color code different crops/flowers. At the end of the season, I just duplicate and archive the worksheet. This allows me to track crop rotation. Then I use the Log tab to manage planting & harvest dates, crop notes, etc... Useful to me because it's easily sortable.

I went out to water my plants and found this black giant winter melon snapped off the vine. It's a good thing it was a low hanging fruit, and the soil underneath was soft. I wanted to see how big it could get. Its own vine couldn't handle the weight. Feels like 20lbs................

I bought some paracord ropes, I need to make something to support the weight of the rest of the fruit. They will break off and explode on the ground if I don 't.

DSCN0342.JPG

Back
Top Bottom