What did you do in the garden today?

I watered, finished off that sprinkler valve plumbing. Still need to install a few more pieces on the individual bed valves, but I had to get the valves done so the old systems could run. It's going to be in the 80s.

I bought some more marigolds to plant in the beds, more pressure on the nematodes! I will spray again tomorrow. At this point I probably have them under control, but I'm going to keep spraying all season. Depending on how effective my work turns out to be, I'll get beneficial nematodes and outcompete any remaining bad nematodes. Or if I failed, I'll take each bed down to the base and dry the soil out, then use the weed torch on it and cook it, essentially start over. Hopefully my soil drenches are working. I need a microscope!

Oh yeah it's going to rain again this weekend. 🥴 This isn't normal for us. I was sure we were done with rain for the year... I was wrong. Sigh.

Then I use the Log tab to manage planting & harvest dates, crop notes, etc... Useful to me because it's easily sortable.

I did not see any Log tab. I was looking for other tabs but did not see any. I'll check it out again. That Log tab sounds more like what I was looking for. But I did like the garden layout that I saw.

I did look at the eclipse yesterday. It was pretty cool being able to look at it with the special glasses. All but a very thin crescent was covered. I didn’t really notice a change in temperature but it did get darker outside. The birds, both wild and domestic were quiet through the darkest part. The only other thing I noticed was the internet was really slow. Probably a lot of traffic. I’m pretty much ready for the septic servicer. I charged the battery for my tiller and will work on getting the garden where the peas and lima beans will be planted.

@gtaus, I'm an old(ish?) woman, and I remember buying software too. :)

We're supposed to get 1-2" of rain on Thursday/Friday. Or maybe it's Wednesday/Thursday. Getting old, can't remember. :gigo

Anyway, after we get some rain, I'm going to plant greens in various places, in with other things. Like chard in between my garlic, which is already 5" tall. Other than the tips that might have a bit of frost damage, they look great! They are really ahead of the game this year.

I know chard get big and bushy, but I'll harvest leaves as they mature so that they don't "bother" the garlic. I plan to give the bed a good shot of compost too.

Today we had 81 🙄 the dogs could cool off on their walk
Too hot to do anything in the garden, I did some more weeding in the morning , those darn nettles 🥴
IMG_8542.jpeg

Been a busy couple weeks. I'm so behind on the news. Looks like you've all been very busy in the garden!
I have a few seedlings started inside. They seem to be struggling, this year. We'll see. Also started a few in the greenhouse in the last couple days. Fingers crossed. Need to turn my compost, again. Probably top-dress some gardens, as there is still a bit of uncomcomposted pine shavings - but looks good, otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom