What did you do in the garden today?

View attachment 3840570

We’ve used this and it seems to work. Raccoons have never touched this. Just sprinkle in their holes. Replace after rain. We bought ours at Walmart.
I used this one before. Because it wouldn't affect hawks and owls, it's the first poison I tried. Unfortunately, while coons were not interested in it, it didn't kill the voles. So I had to switch to the first generation of mouse poison. It works better but coons love it much better than voles!

My potatoes already have flowers, I'm pleased!
potato Small.jpeg

Good morning all. Today looks like we may get showers on and off all day. I did some weeding after I fed the chickens. While I was weeding I had the sprinklers on the green beans to make sure they got a good drink after yesterday’s heat. I had planned to do some mowing and then weed whacking in the big garden. Oh well. All my recently started seeds are sprouting except one ancho chili and one jalapeño. I do have one of each already sprouting. I need to start the pumpkin plants and I may start some cucumbers.

My first Butternut Squash flower bloomed! I only have male flowers growing on the plant right now so I let it bloom and didn't tie it up because it's pollen won't be viable by the time any female flowers are around.
20240522_095251.jpg

To fix my male flower problem, I cut off maybe 8 male flowers because there are so many of them and 0 females. Hopefully that will direct the plant's energy from opening the male flowers to growing female flowers.

My first Mini Pointed Pepper flower bloomed as well! More of them will follow soon!
20240522_102206.jpg

My war on the roly polies continues!

My first Butternut Squash flower bloomed! I only have male flowers growing on the plant right now so I let it bloom and didn't tie it up because it's pollen won't be viable by the time any female flowers are around.
View attachment 3841286

To fix my male flower problem, I cut off maybe 8 male flowers because there are so many of them and 0 females. Hopefully that will direct the plant's energy from opening the male flowers to growing female flowers.

My first Mini Pointed Pepper flower bloomed as well! More of them will follow soon!
View attachment 3841287

My war on the roly polies continues!
I have heard of people breading and frying squash blossoms

Back
Top Bottom