What did you do with your chickens today?

What breed are yours though?
Easter eggers. Medium breed. That breed must be a large.
(I do find that regular mealworms and regular scratch mix assists growth- usually twice daily for scratch and once for protein. I actually bought a mealworm pod today so I can raise my own). Maybe you can try adding this to your chicks diet and observe any observable differences- such as feathering up quicker and rate of growth.
hmm, I might try that. Did you do that since hatching?

Easter eggers. Medium breed. That breed must be a large.

hmm, I might try that. Did you do that since hatching?
Well, I must admit that I did vary it compared to straight crumbles and they are bigger than any Chicks I’ve raised before. I gave them soaked seed from Day 3. Plus crumble Then scraps and mealworms from day 5. All of the above have been regularly added each day

Oh my gosh, I know they are big but you are giving me anxiety now. They are about 1/5 the size of the mother hen. She was pretty big-from good stock. I will let you know how they end up, at 16, 20 weeks and 1 year. We will call it “the dietary experiment”.

Snuggled with my EE pic below-
CC6B18E6-3401-47F3-871E-FE57CC2CDEC8.jpeg
listened to taylor swift’s new (TWO) albums with my chickens, and cried over my baby chick that I lost a few days ago. Due to a coon, we think. I also had a fight with my rooster, (his hormones are raging rn) he is a French BCM.
7F40EE91-18EB-46C8-B74D-30316DB3255D.jpeg
HAGD everyone!

Emma, I love your post. I am sorry about your baby chick. I hope no more get taken. I actually asked St Isidore, Patron St of Farmers to help me, with mine- ever since my giant eagle incident.
How do you fight with your rooster? LOL. I am planning on raising one and I don't want him trying anything on the family if he gets too big for his boots. I do love them when they are little.

Oh, well that must work!!! I've NEVER seen a chick so massive
I forgot to mention that the soaked and fermented seed (scratch mix) became just dry sractch mix when they were bigger. They get this morning and night, along with some dried mealworms. Mainly because they aren't getting as much foraging as I'd like. We are on constant wedgetail eagle alert. They have playpen access only under supervision.
1713582562243.png

Back
Top Bottom