What did you do with your flock today?

Well, skies look clear-ish enough to hang some wash & hope 🤞 and start to clean up the soggy mess. As much as I love the rain, I'm hoping for at least semi clear skies.
Bonus day! Thought I was picking up dh today but not till tomorrow! A little pressure off. Yippee!
Chickens will be happy for some kinder weather too. Though they have been absolute champs about everything and managed to give me 15 eggs yesterday- one got broke in the nest box because we did not have enough mess and drama around here.
Forgot photos of our visitor
20230401_070052.jpg
20230401_070159.jpg

Most exciting thing (next to weather) to happen in their run for awhile.
20230401_072815.jpg

Welp. Better go tend to the flock. Happy Sunday all!

So today I showed a friend who I give eggs to and her granddaughter around the chickens. Even caught Blue so they could pet him. He is the best rooster I have for people interactions. King is the best for the flock when they are out on the range. Funny how King is number one rooster in the flock and Blue is is 2nd in command. I watch them both brake up the other roos whey they are fighting or deter them from the girls if they girls complain.

Go to enjoy some non-rainy time with the chickens today!! Yay!!!

Topped off everyone’s feed, clean water, new straw and first Saturday lime, collected eggs. Big Momma looks good as new today, phew! At this moment—there are 10 days with no rain in the forecast! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
10 whole days!!! Whoohoo!
Can't wait to see all you get to do!
Had surgery Tuesday to remove arthritic lower thumb joint, so haven't done much with the chickens. Will be in this for 6 weeks. DH and friends are taking great care of me. 11 eggs today. Got their feeders filled Monday. Boys don't seem to eat as much as the girls do. The two wild boys are still in jail. So funny when they try to herd through the fence, and the girls give them the confused look.
View attachment 3449818
I am so sorry! That's gotta be so difficult to deal with!
I was reading about the storms headed your way--looks like there could be some serious weather in that front :( I hope you and @Gammas Bearded Babies miss the worst of it! ❤️
We did this time - thank you for checking in on us!
We just got our first ever chicks yesterday for my daughter's 4-H project. Even though we were worried they all seemed to be perfectly content over night in the brooder we bought. This is my daughter after school today hand feeding her babies, they seem more than happy to see her, especially with food in her hand!
Oh they are adorable!!!
I wasn’t sure if @Gammas Bearded Babies was gonna get this too. I hope if so you stay safe lady!! Right now I’m getting rain and a little wind. I was able to seal the goats roof from rain before it got here. I have a container ready for the broody hens and leashes ready to go get the goats. We are in such flat land that I’m more worried about that. This house has stood for over 100 years but with so much going on in this world…it would be my luck that our house will be flattened. 😢😢😭😭
We got by without incident this time! Thank God!!!
Hopefully Bruno will settle in—I feel like his look at me says he’s not going to forgive me quickly 🥴🥴
That face! Idk hopefully he will!!!
Removed. Thank you!
Oh my! Is that due to rheumatoid? I've heard of it but never talked to anyone that had it done.

So @TropicalBabies I know you have seen and dealt with tons of stuff...
Can u tell what this looks like on my Lizzie's comb?
I just noticed it few days ago but it's white. I tried getting her to be still but not so easy.
That looks like a little fungus. It can be easily killed with an antifungal cream rubbed on in it 2-3 times a week for about 2 weeks. It does not hurt them or anything. Since she is a shy girl maybe treat her at night or early mornings ♡

That looks like a little fungus. It can be easily killed with an antifungal cream rubbed on in it 2-3 times a week for about 2 weeks. It does not hurt them or anything. Since she is a shy girl maybe treat her at night or early mornings ♡
Ok just a human antifungal cream?
She just doesn't like her head touched lol. Otherwise she'd sit in my lap all day long!

Back
Top Bottom