What did you do with your flock today?

No flock time today except for a teledoc appointment in which Cocoa Puff my Polish roo kept crowing. 😂. Tomorrow is rain and cold front.
Cocoa Puff is a great name! Sounds like he wanted to give some advice as well! Or perhaps he was listing his own ailments? 😆 My husband has had to apologize for my rooster boy a few times during his work meetings too hehe.

I’m so happy and grateful for the rain, but man is it wet and muddy now! :-/ I do love the smell after the rain when the air is crisp and cold! 🍁🍂🍃

Cocoa Puff is a great name! Sounds like he wanted to give some advice as well! Or perhaps he was listing his own ailments? 😆 My husband has had to apologize for my rooster boy a few times during his work meetings too hehe.

I’m so happy and grateful for the rain, but man is it wet and muddy now! :-/ I do love the smell after the rain when the air is crisp and cold! 🍁🍂🍃
Thank you. We have two Polish Roo's that look identical. Cocoa Puff and Chocolate Bear 2 (if you have ever watched the show "Scrubs" you will get the reference 😂 Even when they are crowing at 2 in the afternoon it's still one of my favorite sounds.

We just found out that "Penny" our young blind hen is a Roo. I kept telling my husband he just walks different but we have never heard him crow. But he has the beginnings of spurs on his legs and a beautiful tail. Not sure what to do with him. We don't eat our friends so no trip to freezer camp. Right now he is on the porch with our sweet hen Sunny. We are isolating her because she was molting and getting too much attention from the boys. She seems genuinely terrified about everything and I'm hoping some calm will help, she is our best mama and a really sweet girl.

Thank you. We have two Polish Roo's that look identical. Cocoa Puff and Chocolate Bear 2 (if you have ever watched the show "Scrubs" you will get the reference 😂 Even when they are crowing at 2 in the afternoon it's still one of my favorite sounds.
Haha, love it! :D I'm starting to enjoy the crowing too... :love

We just found out that "Penny" our young blind hen is a Roo. I kept telling my husband he just walks different but we have never heard him crow. But he has the beginnings of spurs on his legs and a beautiful tail. Not sure what to do with him. We don't eat our friends so no trip to freezer camp. Right now he is on the porch with our sweet hen Sunny. We are isolating her because she was molting and getting too much attention from the boys. She seems genuinely terrified about everything and I'm hoping some calm will help, she is our best mama and a really sweet girl.
Ahhh poor Sunny! I am sure she is terrified...if she's growing all new feathers in it must hurt in general, let alone being held down and climbed on by the overeager boys! :S Having a special chicken would be tough! Do you have anyone near-ish that takes in birds with issues or roosters needing homes? We have several around here that will take roosters or chickens with special needs. They often use them for educational tours and teaching kids about farm animals and such. Maybe Penny could find a job like that if you decide you can't keep him? :) I suppose if he doesn't crow much and can't see to mate, he would be a pretty easy boy to keep as long as he isn't picked on!

Ahhh poor Sunny! I am sure she is terrified...if she's growing all new feathers in it must hurt in general, let alone being held down and climbed on by the overeager boys! :S Having a special chicken would be tough! Do you have anyone near-ish that takes in birds with issues or roosters needing homes? We have several around here that will take roosters or chickens with special needs. They often use them for educational tours and teaching kids about farm animals and such. Maybe Penny could find a job like that if you decide you can't keep him? :) I suppose if he doesn't crow much and can't see to mate, he would be a pretty easy boy to keep as long as he isn't picked on!
I'd like to keep him if I can find a way to keep him safe. He is very smart and knows how to find food and water in the run. We have five acres and free range but obviously predators are an issue. I put him with Sunny for company but now that we know it's a him that probably won't work. Sunny is one of the last of the OG, we lost 2/3 of our flock when our home flooded in 2019. Most of our flock is 2 years old at most so I don't really have another older girl to keep her company.

I'd like to keep him if I can find a way to keep him safe. He is very smart and knows how to find food and water in the run. We have five acres and free range but obviously predators are an issue. I put him with Sunny for company but now that we know it's a him that probably won't work. Sunny is one of the last of the OG, we lost 2/3 of our flock when our home flooded in 2019. Most of our flock is 2 years old at most so I don't really have another older girl to keep her company.
She's a survivor! That is so sad that you lost your flock to flooding :( Well I hope you are able to find a way to keep him safe and happy!

Haha, love it! :D I'm starting to enjoy the crowing too... :love
Oh gosh, then you would love Kauai where we have a rooster in every tree and around every corner 😳 kid you not.
I am always amazed of people who complain about domestic roosters when we have SO many wild crowing at all hours.
I think they sound lovely and way better than little yippy dogs.

Back
Top Bottom