What did you do with your flock today?

Aloha all and happy Aloha Saturday!
We have been working on resetting the arbor for the garden this last week. When I say we, I mean 99% DH and he has been doing a great job. We got the new footing poured on Thursday, and that part was a we thing. Curing yesterday and today and we will reinstall tomorrow. Part of a needed garden/chicken run refresh.
Flock has been lovely and starting to kick back in with the egg production after mountains low light, move and molt hiatus. It is wonderful to collect beautiful clean eggs after the mountains muddy eggs. DEFINITELY a plus for the dry sandy area I live in. New nest boxes are a treat too! 20211104_094407.jpg
20211103_171057.jpg

Chickens being beautiful as they moonscape the front yard. Spider always wonderful with asking me to lift rocks for bugs- for his girls. Such a fantastic boy ♡♡♡
20211103_155642~2.jpg
20211103_155452~2.jpg

Settling back into the run in the eves, filling their crops and discussing hierarchy never gets old for me. Don't know what it is about chickens starting out or ending their day that I find so enchanting. Don't think I am alone with that on this site.
20211103_171008~2.jpg

Last batch of littles getting big. No desire to do another hatch at the moment. Want to swim in eggs of a bit.
20211031_125217.jpg

My pal has not come by to pick up her chicks like we had scheduled and it make a very fun crowded house. Very enjoyable batch.
20211103_155554.jpg
20211101_133924.jpg

I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend! Aloha all!

Last edited:
Well Newbell went to the vet…she said she’s pretty sure it’s a blockage of some sort and gave me some meds to help the crop muscles work harder and an oral laxative to see if we can move things thru. So fingers crossed 🤞🏻
Thanks for keeping us posted. What oral laxative and what dose how often? Curious ♡
Also, if you don't mind letting us know how it is working for her. ♡♡♡

We just found out that "Penny" our young blind hen is a Roo. I kept telling my husband he just walks different but we have never heard him crow. But he has the beginnings of spurs on his legs and a beautiful tail. Not sure what to do with him. We don't eat our friends so no trip to freezer camp. Right now he is on the porch with our sweet hen Sunny. We are isolating her because she was molting and getting too much attention from the boys. She seems genuinely terrified about everything and I'm hoping some calm will help, she is our best mama and a really sweet girl.
Post some photos spurs can happen in hens also

Still just the one
Ugh, the wait... 😋🐣
Ya know, everytime I swear off hatching for a few months I almost immediately start getting the urge to set some eggs. I'd like to blame you for today's hankering. K. Just can't, not practical with a full house plus sick kitties... but then I think of where I will be at in 20 days and maybe.... hmmm.
Well, I have some cleaning and switching, bathing and disinfecting to do. I'll see how I am feeling after that. ❤🧡💛

Ahh geee ya did not think I was going to do more this late in the year ... Bud is looking for home I am looking for her another friend a real estate Gal is looking .. So excuse these are for my Bud,, Right

Back
Top Bottom