What did you do with your flock today?

There, little bit better photo. We call them Day Gecko's. Beautiful little buggars. He was just staring at me for the longest time. Probably like the fuzzy critters, happy to see me ;)
20210724_131734.jpg

There, little bit better photo. We call them Day Gecko's. Beautiful little buggars. He was just staring at me for the longest time. Probably like the fuzzy critters, happy to see me ;)View attachment 2772807
Aha! I thought I saw the blue of his eyes, but I did not know what I was seeing. We don't have anoles here.

Great photos
Thanks!
I totally forgive you your 1, 1st time not completely amazing photo but am very glad you picked the pace back up to the standards we are used to you posting. Whew! Thought the world was going crazier! Your babies are lovely as always :love
Haha, thank you!
Hi gang!
Traveled back down the mountain for the MIL visit. Brought chicks down as I have a few (almost 20) more sold and also brought down 2 Buff Brahma's to keep Ivan company and hopefully they will do some, ahem, bonding ;);) :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy. I did not get any BB's this last hatch and am even more thrilled that I still have most of the BB's from last hatch.

I brought up Bolt to help keep the feral roo at bay and after his days of lock up I let Bolt out to which the feral promptly scared him into the forest and beat him up. It took me 2 hours of hiking in knee high tree fall to find him, hiding and bleeding.
I did "take out" the feral after that and for that I feel bad. I wish I would have tried harder at trapping and removing him. He was not a bad guy, I just did not want a repeat.

Bolt before he got beat up :hithe is actually ok. Wounded pride, a bald spot on the back of his head and a bruised comb.
View attachment 2772668View attachment 2772669
Easter!
View attachment 2772670View attachment 2772671View attachment 2772672View attachment 2772673
It is literally a jungle out there.
View attachment 2772674
Home. See my friend on the leaf?
View attachment 2772675
Aw, poor boy. Bolt is beautiful! I love the hen next to him. Is she some type of Brahma? Her pattern is just stunning. ❤️

I love the pics! I know I’ve said this before, but I can’t get over how green everything is there. :drool

Thanks!

Haha, thank you!

Aw, poor boy. Bolt is beautiful! I love the hen next to him. Is she some type of Brahma? Her pattern is just stunning. ❤️

I love the pics! I know I’ve said this before, but I can’t get over how green everything is there. :drool
Frankie, are you safe and out of the path of the fires?

I love the hen next to him. Is she some type of Brahma? Her pattern is just stunning. ❤️
She is a Dark Brahma also. Lovely breed if you ever get the chance. More assertive than the Buff's, bigger and all. Yes I think the pattern is stunning too. I would not be surprised if she or her sister took over the matriarch position in the next year.

Chicken feet question. My chooks feet are sore, one a slight beginning of bumble foot, the other(s) from playing in the forest, one has a scratch. My friend- who has had a horrible time with her flock and bumble foot has had good luck with Tuf-Foot. I was thinking of trying-
1627248218747.png

Has anyone used this on their chooks feet? It was easier for me to get than the tuff-foot and we use it on our steeds so if it is no good for chooks, no problem. Anyway, want to try to be ahead of this issue and not behind. I'd appreciate anybody's input.
Mahalo!!!

Back
Top Bottom