What did you do with your flock today?

Today was a mellow day…but I did have to take Newbell to the vet again. I swear this girl is trouble…she eats everything and I’m guessing must have a bit of a slow crop…because it’s blocked up again 🤦🏼‍♀️ Vet said it feels like she may have straw or grass in her crop…so I got more of the meds I had from last time this happened and I’m hopeful it works! She’s such a sweet girl with her own agenda. She also honks at me almost all day whenever she sees me haha.

Otherwise everyone is happy and healthy it would seem. The new ODs have already learned to go in their coop at bedtime! I’m so impressed as it’s only been three days! Whereas Sia and Cher still have to be carried to their coop after what? 6 weeks? 😆😆 Silkies are sweet and loving poof heads…but there’s a LOT of poof hehe.

And last, I just had to share this video I got today of my snuggle time with Puff. He’s just my sweet baby! 😍😍

Today was a mellow day…but I did have to take Newbell to the vet again. I swear this girl is trouble…she eats everything and I’m guessing must have a bit of a slow crop…because it’s blocked up again 🤦🏼‍♀️ Vet said it feels like she may have straw or grass in her crop…so I got more of the meds I had from last time this happened and I’m hopeful it works! She’s such a sweet girl with her own agenda. She also honks at me almost all day whenever she sees me haha.

Otherwise everyone is happy and healthy it would seem. The new ODs have already learned to go in their coop at bedtime! I’m so impressed as it’s only been three days! Whereas Sia and Cher still have to be carried to their coop after what? 6 weeks? 😆😆 Silkies are sweet and loving poof heads…but there’s a LOT of poof hehe.

And last, I just had to share this video I got today of my snuggle time with Puff. He’s just my sweet baby! 😍😍
That is so cute❤! My rooster would probably run away if I ever tried to do that to him. He's very scared of people.

Today, I had to dry up the chicken run since it was muddy. My flock of 80+ chickens was trying to help by spreading out all the pine pellets I was trying to lay down, and trying to eat them to. So not only did I have to wade through a sea of chickens, but had to replace every scoop of pine pellets as the chickens scratched them away or ate them. Like they thought the pine pellets were their food or something.

Good evening gang,
Today I rehomed Koa and the light Brahma mix from the ranch. Super cute family is starting their flock back up and the kids were thrilled. I was thrilled cuz the boys were so good the kids could handle them and they were going to an experienced home that was all set up for them.
Bathed my beautiful buff and syringe fed her vit, antibiotics and calcium along with hemp protein and probiotics for the 3rd day. Thought she was egg bound but thinking maybe internally laying to reproductive infection. Well, treating it both ways and she is finally coming around a little. View attachment 3012022us girls hung out on the she-deck/catio and listened to music while drying feathers after our epsom bath soak. Please keep her in your good thoughts.
Chicks are wonderful. Gave them a few meal worms for fun. First mealworms never get old. Little maniacs.
Photo DH took of Eleele at the ranch. May have to enter it in POW 😉View attachment 3012055
Gosh what a great photo?

That is so cute❤! My rooster would probably run away if I ever tried to do that to him. He's very scared of people.
Yeah I’ve had him since he was teeny tiny and he’s always been more friendly and lovable. He’s also a good rooster to his ladies and really pretty chill in general. His brother is less cuddly, but still visits me every day and sits on my shoulder. My other two roosters are bantams and they run away but when held they put up with me hehe. It’s just a bit more like a hostage situation 😆

Yeah I’ve had him since he was teeny tiny and he’s always been more friendly and lovable. He’s also a good rooster to his ladies and really pretty chill in general. His brother is less cuddly, but still visits me every day and sits on my shoulder. My other two roosters are bantams and they run away but when held they put up with me hehe. It’s just a bit more like a hostage situation 😆
I used to have a rooster like that. Loved little red to bits.

Morning birds look great there! You do agreat job with the birds ..
We have buckets of rain coming down the next three days.
Incubator is making noise no hatch yet but talking.
Thank you!
You really have some very pretty birds! I think I'm especially fond of your SFs. But Puff Puff... she's like my Buff Orpingtons. Cute until you attempt reaching a hand into their nesting boxes. They do not like that.🤣
Thanks! I love the SFs too. Don’t tell my other birds, but they’re some of my favorites. 🤫

I see so many people going on about how friendly their BOs are, and it makes me wonder if I had a faulty batch. All of mine died really young, and the one that outlived them (though not by much) liked to attack peoples feet. :/
Do yours only try to bite you when you stick your hand in there?
Oh wow :0 she’s scary!
Hmm hopefully she is warming up 😉. I know you are looking forward to your girls going broody ♡♡ so I hope so!
Too funny your raptor 😂 mine just yell at me thank goodness.
@FrankieDoodle your birds and photos never disappoint ♡! I enjoy them very much 🥰 nothing like a beautiful and healthy bird.

Oh gosh @PJ, guess you guys are used to and it will do good but wish you would share. I had to put sprinklers out on the lawn today. I miss the rain. What day are your eggs on today? Are they in lockdown?
I was playing catch up today. Chicks are good. 6 sold, 11 in brooder 3 in incubator but I think they are done. I just wanted to give them some more time b4 I open them up. When I candled I did not see movement. Still, happy with 17 out of 20. Last of my Dark Brahma DNA and the gal who nabbed the first 6 grabbed the best. I was not going to hold onto any but think I am going to change my mind. Maybe I'll just pull a @kurby @PJ and do a back to back but I need to plan well cuz I have grand kids coming end of April.
Yesterday
View attachment 3009211
TodayView attachment 3009213View attachment 3009217View attachment 3009218View attachment 3009219
I don't know what do you think gang? 😂😂🤣😅😅🤣😂
So many little babies!! I wish I lived closer, cause you hatch some adorable chicks. I love all the little gray ones, and that one with the fluffy face. ❤️
Walked out the back door to do chicken chores today and walked back in to get phone to take photos. Beautiful morning this morning.View attachment 3009221View attachment 3009222View attachment 3009223
Handsome boys! I love all the plants you have. Everything is so pretty!
The reds react huffily like "well! I never!"
The EEs and BLs run away screaming "She's trying to kill me!"
BOs....these sweet, delicate, lovelies...they take any potential mama-hood very seriously. I like to tease them by popping eggs one at a time into their box....one at a time, they scuttle those eggs up underneath themselves "Mine!"

Your photos make me miss my bleeding heart vine. Yours is huge!🥰

View attachment 3009242
Ack! This...☝️...I'm in LUV 😍😍😍😍😍 What kind is he? You see what I did, I just declared he's a he. I'm sorry if he's a she. But he's so cuuuuuuuute!

More like the little fluffball of perfection above ❤
That face is the one I was loving too! Such an adorable little floofer!! I agree with you, @TropicalBabies needs more just like him!! 😍
Yesss, I love that one too! He’s too cute. 😩
Good morning gang! Waking up is such a joy ♡ must be an age thing lol.
On my second chicken check this morning I found the guard cats all in position above the brooder. Glad we secured it.View attachment 3009964View attachment 3009966
Did a little chicken shuffle yesterday as I friend of a chicken friend needed a rooster so we grabbed one from the ranch who is low on the pecking order but handsome, friendly and capable. Put him in roo pen so moved Manono to the lower brooder which she really likes. She is starting to make hen noises like b4 the egg song. Of the age but what age is she really ♡♡♡¿View attachment 3010021 FoaCF should come soon and may also take Koa. Good meet and greet for the 2.View attachment 3009949
I simply went out to take photos of Geegee for @g&g btw. View attachment 3010024View attachment 3010025and baby Peaches 🍑View attachment 3010027those feet!View attachment 3010028
Anywho, made the decision to keep all at least for awhile. If my goal was to further Bolt DNA then I don't need to be in a hurry. I have already accomplished what I wanted.
Also will go pick up Cornish rescues when roo pen is open.
It's a beautiful day. Send rain @PJ. ♡
Yay for more chick pics! I didn’t even notice Geegee’s feathered feet until now. It’s so cute!
I took some pictures of the new chickens today! I’m making progress with the first 5, but the new Olandsks are still very wary! The rooster came and ate from my hand but the ladies only came near me :)

Cher is the most standoffish of all of them though. I hope that changes with time!

@TropicalBabies those chicks are just the cutest!! 😍😍😍😍
Aww, so many cute little birbs! They look great!
Good evening gang,
Today I rehomed Koa and the light Brahma mix from the ranch. Super cute family is starting their flock back up and the kids were thrilled. I was thrilled cuz the boys were so good the kids could handle them and they were going to an experienced home that was all set up for them.
Bathed my beautiful buff and syringe fed her vit, antibiotics and calcium along with hemp protein and probiotics for the 3rd day. Thought she was egg bound but thinking maybe internally laying to reproductive infection. Well, treating it both ways and she is finally coming around a little. View attachment 3012022us girls hung out on the she-deck/catio and listened to music while drying feathers after our epsom bath soak. Please keep her in your good thoughts.
Chicks are wonderful. Gave them a few meal worms for fun. First mealworms never get old. Little maniacs.
Photo DH took of Eleele at the ranch. May have to enter it in POW 😉View attachment 3012055
I’m sorry one of your girls isn’t feeling well, I hope she gets better soon.
That pic is definitely POW worthy!

Omg, that video is so cute!! Puff looks like such a little love bug. 😍

Back
Top Bottom