What did you do with your flock today?

Went for a blood draw this morning :caf
Had three hatch they are playing bowling for dollars now ..
Nothing really wrong with me just no thyroid so check to see if med it is right level..View attachment 3012547
Adorable!!! :) Glad you are keeping up with your medical checks! I am due for a blood draw myself and keep forgetting!

I've spent the better part of today working outside in the absolutely gorgeous weather. Well. I did get actual work done when it was sent over to me, but in between, I've been outside.

I dug up little bits of dirt here and there around the well house trying not to make a trench, but just gather enough small clumps to fill the dip under the fence that goes into yhe chicken yard. Of course, the chickens came over and immediately started rummaging through what I was trying to build up. So, in order to get them to leave that alone, I made several little dig pits for them in and around the chicken yard. They were soooo hilarious. Imagine all 4 roosters excitedly calling all of their ladies to come snack on all the worms they were finding. I thought it wasn't fair to Goldie, so I gathered several worms for her as well. She enjoyed them and decided I wasn't the devil afterall...for a few minutes anyway.
That is a funny picture in my head! :D Goldie better know how lucky she is! :)

Another task we tackled today was adding gravel around our outdoor wood burning furnace. It's been so gross out there whenever it rains or snows. Well, DH drove the tractor and brought up 5 bucket loads of gravel from down our road where we had a dump truck full delivered a while back. I manned the rock rake and shovel to spread it all out. I did the same when we spread gravel in the barn under the hay bed...and where we planned on building raised beds before we realized it was too far from the house to be convenient. I do not enjoy spreading gravel. But DH has a broken back due to service-related injury, so such jobs tend to be mine. He did help at the end, but it was still exhausting! We did finally get it spread nicely and evenly though, so when it rains this weekend, going out to stoke the fire shouldn't be as messy

Anyhoo, why am I telling you all this?

Because I just looked out my office window and saw that 3 hens had made themselves lovely little dust bath wells in the nice even gravel. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Another task we tackled today was adding gravel around our outdoor wood burning furnace. It's been so gross out there whenever it rains or snows. Well, DH drove the tractor and brought up 5 bucket loads of gravel from down our road where we had a dump truck full delivered a while back. I manned the rock rake and shovel to spread it all out. I did the same when we spread gravel in the barn under the hay bed...and where we planned on building raised beds before we realized it was too far from the house to be convenient. I do not enjoy spreading gravel. But DH has a broken back due to service-related injury, so such jobs tend to be mine. He did help at the end, but it was still exhausting! We did finally get it spread nicely and evenly though, so when it rains this weekend, going out to stoke the fire shouldn't be as messy

Anyhoo, why am I telling you all this?

Because I just looked out my office window and saw that 3 hens had made themselves lovely little dust bath wells in the nice even gravel. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
They were like FUN!! A new place to hang out! Thanks Mom :)

Hey @TropicalBabies how is brood doing ?
They are pretty darn cute. Gotta clean out the brooder today or just do some house keeping being I use old towels as opposed to shavings. Of course Geegee was standing tall or I think it was Geegee and I was like yep. A boy. Feeling more relaxed with my decision to ride this thing out. I'm 🥚cited to watch them grow.

How is your hatch and do you have any updates for us?

They are pretty darn cute. Gotta clean out the brooder today or just do some house keeping being I use old towels as opposed to shavings. Of course Geegee was standing tall or I think it was Geegee and I was like yep. A boy. Feeling more relaxed with my decision to ride this thing out. I'm 🥚cited to watch them grow.

How is your hatch and do you have any updates for us?
Still the three but did not expect any for 2 more days.

Awesome variety you have!!! My favorite photos from your bunch were the three above. The white duck looks like he's asking you "What?!", the Buff Orpington (?) lady looks like she's about to smack you, and the last one is just hilarious.
White duck is one of 17 ducks. His name is Donald, he really hates me.

That Buff orhpington was from a farm that was downsizing. She is one of four sisters we got.

The spunky polish is pompom, and she's as sassy as she looks.

Back
Top Bottom