What did you do with your flock today?

@Gammas Bearded Babies Spider pulled off his leg feathers because of leg mites. It took me a bit to catch on to what was going on because he had no lifting of scales. Vaseline took care of them quick and I am certain Spider was grateful ♡♡♡

Yes, back down, done with my hiatus 😭😭😭😭 bye bye happy place.
20220928_161940.jpg

Good morning my babies!!! 😁😁😁😁💕 Forest slept on top of me orslammed up against me last night. He is my biggest fan. All kitties talking and following me and extra happy for scratches. Even chickens are following my every move. I love it and it must be what my heaven is like ♡♡♡
20220929_063944.jpg
20220929_065734.jpg
20220929_065139.jpg
20220929_070529.jpg
20220929_065031.jpg

So much work to do. Scrubbing, bleaching & organizing EVERYTHING.
Good to wake up at home with my babies. ♡♡♡
Spiders flock has the rooster coops and garden area, though Spider has hopped the fence already. No rooster challenges thank goodness so integration will hopefully be seamless. So far, everything is surprisingly smooth. I am VERY proud of Beetle.
One of the grandkids chicken laid her first egg... think it is B the chicken who confuses me lol.
94129.jpeg

Got my last hatch playing in the outside brooder on the grass and I will be firing up the bater after I collect today's red eggs. Did I mention it is good to be home? 😁😉😍💕

@Gammas Bearded Babies Spider pulled off his leg feathers because of leg mites. It took me a bit to catch on to what was going on because he had no lifting of scales. Vaseline took care of them quick and I am certain Spider was grateful
Oh they do look happy to see ya!!! I just luv animals!!!

Gueas I'll look into leg mites and see if that's what is going on with him...they are all molting and he had a gorgeous LONG feather that had come in and it's done gone! He has a missing toe nail on one foot...just strange.

@Gammas Bearded Babies Spider pulled off his leg feathers because of leg mites. It took me a bit to catch on to what was going on because he had no lifting of scales. Vaseline took care of them quick and I am certain Spider was grateful ♡♡♡

Yes, back down, done with my hiatus 😭😭😭😭 bye bye happy place.View attachment 3275568
Good morning my babies!!! 😁😁😁😁💕 Forest slept on top of me orslammed up against me last night. He is my biggest fan. All kitties talking and following me and extra happy for scratches. Even chickens are following my every move. I love it and it must be what my heaven is like ♡♡♡ View attachment 3275570View attachment 3275578View attachment 3275583View attachment 3275574View attachment 3275571
Spiders flock has the rooster coops and garden area, though Spider has hopped the fence already. No rooster challenges thank goodness so integration will hopefully be seamless. So far, everything is surprisingly smooth. I am VERY proud of Beetle.
One of the grandkids chicken laid her first egg... think it is B the chicken who confuses me lol.View attachment 3275601
Got my last hatch playing in the outside brooder on the grass and I will be firing up the bater after I collect today's red eggs. Did I mention it is good to be home? 😁😉😍💕
That egg color is beautiful 😍 Yay for being back home! ❤️

Gueas I'll look into leg mites and see if that's what is going on with him...they are all molting and he had a gorgeous LONG feather that had come in and it's done gone! He has a missing toe nail on one foot...just strange.
Hmm. That's weird but guess it could happen to anyone??? I'll be interest to see what others chime in with. I do think they loose a few leg feathers when they molt too or it has been my experience with my feather footed bunch.

Hmm. That's weird but guess it could happen to anyone??? I'll be interest to see what others chime in with. I do think they loose a few leg feathers when they molt too or it has been my experience with my feather footed bunch.

Yeah, my bantam Brahma girl has lost all her foot feathers and Millie my d’Uccle did too. I wonder if Joey is trying to mate and not quite getting it right if he maybe broke them in the process? Feather footed birds are high maintenance 😆

Yeah, my bantam Brahma girl has lost all her foot feathers and Millie my d’Uccle did too. I wonder if Joey is trying to mate and not quite getting it right if he maybe broke them in the process? Feather footed birds are high maintenance
The weird thing is he's been like this a while...that's why i got so excited when I saw the long feathers coming in on his feet!
I'll try to get pics tomorrow

Yes, back down, done with my hiatus 😭😭😭😭 bye bye happy place.View attachment 3275568
Good morning my babies!!! 😁😁😁😁💕 Forest slept on top of me orslammed up against me last night. He is my biggest fan. All kitties talking and following me and extra happy for scratches. Even chickens are following my every move. I love it and it must be what my heaven is like ♡♡♡ View attachment 3275570View attachment 3275578View attachment 3275583View attachment 3275574View attachment 3275571
One of the grandkids chicken laid her first egg... think it is B the chicken who confuses me lol.View attachment 3275601
That sounds like a sweet homecoming ❤️

Could he have gotten a foot caught somehow or gotten into a tussle with the other roo? Wondering because of the missing nail.
I've never owned feather foot birds before since I use shallow water bowls for standing in for cooling...I've always figured feathered feet might not do well with that.

That sounds like a sweet homecoming ❤️

Could he have gotten a foot caught somehow or gotten into a tussle with the other roo? Wondering because of the missing nail.
I've never owned feather foot birds before since I use shallow water bowls for standing in for cooling...I've always figured feathered feet might not do well with that.
There's no blood or anything and he chases the other boy but never tussles with anyone but me lol.
I did have a feeder that had the metal bar across the top that I gueaa he could have knocked it off with that when he would kick and stomp around mad.

Well, our old friend isn't going to get the little unwanted Chihuahua. The neighbors got over their upset at losing their beloved old boy and said the lil guy can come back. That little dog was so happy to go home.
So I asked him to babysit one of our Chihuahuas instead. Just something so he's not all alone for the next month while we're gone. He was our neighbor from the second house we lived in here in AZ...so we've been friends for just over 20 years now and he feels more like family. Anyhow... worried about him is all.

Back
Top Bottom