What did you do with your flock today?

I’ve attached a video of what my morning visit usually looks like. I always sit somewhere different. They actually hung around me inside coop this morning when I was scooping their poop lol. After our morning visit and I’ve seen they’ve all had a good breakfast of their crumbles, I open the far side door to open the outside run for the day. I also keep a bowl of their food at entrance and toss some out there so they have it to scratch 😃

(video of this mornings visit.)

Attachments

• 5E18B2BA-90AD-4261-B10C-3071558EBD2F.jpeg
    5E18B2BA-90AD-4261-B10C-3071558EBD2F.jpeg
    557.1 KB · Views: 1
  • FCC903DD-719C-4C8C-881C-92FF79310C32.jpeg
    FCC903DD-719C-4C8C-881C-92FF79310C32.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Well I'm behind...but glad ya found Red @TropicalBabies !
And after seeing my "sleeping arrangements" on the camera tonight since I didn't go down to play musical chairs with em all...I can appreciate your flock @kurby22 !
@FBMcrazy8 the cake looks amazing! They grow up sooooo fast dont they!
Thank you! That they do! I try to cherish every min. They go so fast!

Your cake is incredible! I absolutely love it! Great job mom, I hope her day was a lot of fun ♡ 15yo... gulp** no longer a little kid but a young adult person. 😭 :hugs it happens so fast.

Your first winter will be something. I don't envy you.
Thank you!! It was a good day! I think I’m more sad because next year she will be 16 and it won’t be long before she can drive. But I don’t think I’m gonna put that wild one behind the wheel for a while. She would be bowling, except with people and a car. 🤦‍♀️😂

I’m nervous about the first winter. I have a plan but I’m really worried about frostbite.

I’ve attached a video of what my morning visit usually looks like. I always sit somewhere different. They actually hung around me inside coop this morning when I was scooping their poop lol. After our morning visit and I’ve seen they’ve all had a good breakfast of their crumbles, I open the far side door to open the outside run for the day. I also keep a bowl of their food at entrance and toss some out there so they have it to scratch 😃

Looks like a lovely way to spend your morning (minus the poop scooping!) :D

So today I get the official call back from the nonprofit! Most exciting!
I got the back deck cleaned, sewing station set up and i'm ready to start sewing again.
Chooks are fantastic. Did a few egg deliveries on Boo and after hearing gas prices may go up again I am really, REALLY happy to flip gas stations the bird. I hope many people get inspired to wean themselves further off petroleum. Such a killer.
I recieved several big plastic egg carton donations -love when people give to me instead of just tossing in the rubbish!- after being a little low on supplies and worried, I am now set!
And my try at photos of growing BB x RSL's, molting Spider and silly big littles.
View attachment 3283518View attachment 3283519View attachment 3283522View attachment 3283524
YAY! I'm glad you got the call back! :) Those babies are just adorable!!!

Thank you!! It was a good day! I think I’m more sad because next year she will be 16 and it won’t be long before she can drive. But I don’t think I’m gonna put that wild one behind the wheel for a while. She would be bowling, except with people and a car. 🤦‍♀️😂

I’m nervous about the first winter. I have a plan but I’m really worried about frostbite.
How cold does it get where you are? And wind chill? Will this be your first winter in this house?

How cold does it get where you are? And wind chill? Will this be your first winter in this house?
This is our first winter living in the house. We did work on it before moving in last year during winter. But after we moved in we still needed heat but no snow. It does get colder than it would in nearby towns because of being in the flat part of the area. The chickens will get a wind break with the torn down barn. But the wind chill can very. Last year we ended up with wind chill at like -25/-30. My husband has read that it could get as low as -40 this winter. He relays on the farmers almanac. But we always add about 5-10 degrees to that with how much wind we actually get. I want to add some tarps to the North fencing of the chickens run.

Beautiful young flock :love and thanks for a video of your morning. So calm and civilized... and relaxing 😁. Welcome to @fd's thread. The water is warm, jump on in!

Back
Top Bottom