What did you do with your flock today?

Well this morning I found I have another layer. So I now have 7 layers. After getting the chickens and ducks out this morning, I came in to have a little time before the kids got up for the day. Sat down and was getting comfy and one of the little puppies started crying. I tried to get her to latch on to momma but she wasn’t having it. Just going around the whelping box crying. So I picked her up and we cuddled. Then it was time to cook breakfast. So what do I do…yup I do what any mom does, I held the puppy (so she could sleep, she cried parts of the night too) and cooked and served breakfast. Which by the time I was done with that she got hungry so I gave her back to momma. 2 of the boys started in this evening on crying too so, I took them and held them too! I just love these little guys! ❤️❤️

Momma dog doesn’t care for me taking them but she should really feel grateful that I am helping. 😉 lol You know how many times I would have loved to have an extra set of hands with just one kid….

Anyway, I pumped out the duck pond and going to clean it tomorrow after the rain passes and then I will be refilling it. We also helped a neighbor clean out some of his old stuff that he needed moved out of the way for him to expand his garden. And that included a chicken coop. It is small, and NEEDS ventilation bad. Like there is NONE. The one that they moved their chickens to for more room…no ventilation in that either. Ok, so the small one had 6 chickens in it. Now there is NOWAY 6 of mine would fit in it. So maybe silkies or bantams or just some small breed. The place they moved them to was a metal shed that they made into a coop. Which just meant adding nest boxes and a roost. No wonder they don’t have chickens anymore. 🤦‍♀️ We will probably use it as a breeding area OR I might get some silkies, but probably just for breeding. But it needs cleaned up REALLY good and we have to add something to the roof as it is just plywood. Also the nest boxes need touched up. These are the same people that put heaters into their chicken coops. The people around here that do this are the ones giving my husband the bright ideas that they don’t need ventilation and that they will die without heat. 🤦‍♀️ I believe though I have given my husband enough evidence for both of these things. That and I told him…yeah his chickens died for a reason, where should I start? Rant over…promise. Just glad he isn’t doing chickens anymore. I think they had good intentions, just lack of knowledge. I hope that if they randomly decide to start again that maybe they take a look at our coop and set up. Not that mine is perfect cause I’m sure there are always changes I can make but at least they would have a better set up than they did.
Precious little beebies!! 🥰🥰🥰

Oh my goodness, you all have been busy today. Nice catching up with you all this eve.

Went up Koke'e and took down the run fence and pulled out the trailer/coop. Did not take us long, just as designed. I was stoked. Got the posts flagged as I did not want to pull those out. Tree guys can work around I hope. Straighted up the cabin as the tree dudes are going to stay in it. Made it home by 4.

Hung with the littles as they like to see me now. Must be the worms. I've gotten into the habit of giving worms or lifting rocks for bugs and today I caught a few lizards for them. I'm the best mom ever!

Well, congrats on the new chick digs @fbm. Sounds like it will make a great grow out coop or broody or sick bay hospital or intro... or, or, or?!! Cool score and fun fixer 😉

Miss kurby, another beautiful baby ♡♡♡ helps to soften the loss I hope.

@Shetland lover you are fuuuunny! Need a good chuckle and fresh humor ♡ thank you! 😅😅😅 My cute kitty is very sight impared and that makes him extra special to me. I'm so lucky he made it into my life, so grateful ♡

@Gammas, glad you have good imput already. I've nothing to add other than they are adorable ♡♡♡

Well. Tomorrow is a sewing day. Lots to catch up on. Got a few special orders for Christmas too! I need to get my wiggle on 😜 Looking forward to checking in.

Got to visit with some of my birds today 😍
20221126_160011.jpg

20221126_152103.jpg
20221126_152055.jpg
20221126_152051.jpg

20221126_151941.jpg

You can just barely see Jazzy in the background
20221126_152317.jpg

My poor ducks are still using their vacation water bowl and determined to enjoy it! I really need to get their bigger stock pond back to them😭

So much happening. @kurby22 , so sorry for your loss. Sending comforting hugs your way. :hugs:hugs:hugsIt is never easy. He had a good life with your love and care. Windy here, and expecting snow on Tuesday, Wednesday, and below freezing by next weekend. I might have to let the outdoor cat in for a short time, but he does have a house with a heated bed just for that reason. He survived the below freezing temps a couple weeks ago. My cockerels crow went high pitched today, not sure why? Maybe he's hoarse from practicing too much.? I had to observe to see which boy it was. He's trying to charm all the ladies, one of my Brahmas stood him off. Nope, not today, buddy!

Sylvester was gorgeous! He looks like an Isabel coloring. Super pretty 😍😍
He was supposed to be pure lavender, both parents were but I guess there was something other in there from previous generations. I once spent ages scrubbing his feathers with an old toothbrush because I thought a patch of buff feathers on his back was dirt 🤣 He wasn't quite 1 year old when he was poisoned so we never got to see him as a mature bird. He was a special boy with a great temperament. I miss him every day but it's a blessing to have his son, daughter and now his grandson.

She's is too stinkin precious!!! She's beautiful!

@Shetland lover yeah I'm not sure what to think from this breeder as none of the eggs were supposed to be mottled...so idk. Sure hoping she carries the lavender gene since that's what they said.
Yours are gorgeous!!! Such beautiful feathering!
Does he/she have any mottled birds? If so, you will always get a percentage of mottled chicks if two mottled gene carriers are mated together. Hopefully she will be a carrier.

Got to visit with some of my birds today 😍View attachment 3334040
View attachment 3334051View attachment 3334052View attachment 3334053
View attachment 3334054
View attachment 3334043
My poor ducks are still using their vacation water bowl and determined to enjoy it! I really need to get their bigger stock pond back to them😭
Your birds are beautiful! I'd love peafowl but I think the neighbours would draw the line at the noise from them. Add to that my lack of space.... same goes for ducks unfortunately. I'm trying to persuade DH to let me have quail though.

So much happening. @kurby22 , so sorry for your loss. Sending comforting hugs your way. :hugs:hugs:hugsIt is never easy. He had a good life with your love and care. Windy here, and expecting snow on Tuesday, Wednesday, and below freezing by next weekend. I might have to let the outdoor cat in for a short time, but he does have a house with a heated bed just for that reason. He survived the below freezing temps a couple weeks ago. My cockerels crow went high pitched today, not sure why? Maybe he's hoarse from practicing too much.? I had to observe to see which boy it was. He's trying to charm all the ladies, one of my Brahmas stood him off. Nope, not today, buddy!
Little Stanley sounds like he's running out of batteries when he crows! 🤣

Oh my goodness, you all have been busy today. Nice catching up with you all this eve.

Went up Koke'e and took down the run fence and pulled out the trailer/coop. Did not take us long, just as designed. I was stoked. Got the posts flagged as I did not want to pull those out. Tree guys can work around I hope. Straighted up the cabin as the tree dudes are going to stay in it. Made it home by 4.

Hung with the littles as they like to see me now. Must be the worms. I've gotten into the habit of giving worms or lifting rocks for bugs and today I caught a few lizards for them. I'm the best mom ever!

Well, congrats on the new chick digs @fbm. Sounds like it will make a great grow out coop or broody or sick bay hospital or intro... or, or, or?!! Cool score and fun fixer 😉

Miss kurby, another beautiful baby ♡♡♡ helps to soften the loss I hope.

@Shetland lover you are fuuuunny! Need a good chuckle and fresh humor ♡ thank you! 😅😅😅 My cute kitty is very sight impared and that makes him extra special to me. I'm so lucky he made it into my life, so grateful ♡
@Gammas, glad you have good imput already. I've nothing to add other than they are adorable ♡♡♡

Well. Tomorrow is a sewing day. Lots to catch up on. Got a few special orders for Christmas too! I need to get my wiggle on 😜 Looking forward to checking in.
Sounds like you've been busier than any of us!

"My cute kitty is very sight impared and that makes him extra special to me. I'm so lucky he made it into my life, so grateful ♡"

Aww, that's so beautiful. You're so lucky to have each other, I'd say. These things are often meant to be.❤

Here's my current two:

Attachments

• 20181205_164302.jpg
    20181205_164302.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220405_084402.jpg
    20220405_084402.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190310_093932.jpg
    20190310_093932.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20151030_205141.jpg
    20151030_205141.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 2
Got to visit with some of my birds today 😍View attachment 3334040
View attachment 3334051View attachment 3334052View attachment 3334053
View attachment 3334054
View attachment 3334043
I love pictures of all your birds!!! They are just so pretty!!! Im glad you got to see them. Im sure the ducks will be ok until you can get it back to them, don’t over do it! Maybe someone can help you.

Back
Top Bottom