What did you do with your flock today?

😂 A project is almost an understatement…it’s more like a mission. 🤦‍♀️ The one thing that it has going for it, it has frame work and the floor isn’t rotten…. It’s also heavy, so it won’t blow over. It is seriously so small…I don’t understand how they got 6 chickens in there. They had to be small birds or early enough that they didn’t take too much room. I will have to get a better picture tomorrow to show just how small this is.
It looks bigger than those prefabs so that's kind of hopeful

🥰💕 WONDERFUL!!! I am so completely impressed :bow:bow:bow
Thank you. I had great teachers though - my mom and gran. 😍

I'm convinced no one in the universe can teach me to knit, however! It's something to do with co-ordinating two needles and being so slow I get bored. Give me a four -in- hand team and eight reins and I'm away! Two itty bitty needles ? Nope.

You cats are adorable and I just love the face the last one is making with the hat on 😆

This is my baby girl! Miyuki 🥰
She is stunning! I'm smitten 😍 😍

Gracie is the one in the hat, she's not particularly happy about it I don't think! She loves watching t.v. - especially cartoons, hates my mom's cat and reluctantly shares her cat bed occasionally with a chicken...

Attachments

• 20210608_070253.jpg
    20210608_070253.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 4
I had one lil rooster that never lost his baby crow...even as an old fart he still sounded like he was quietly choking rather then crowing 😂

I'd love some quail too ❤️ but I've got too much to get done to even think about it yet 😂

That looks like a fun project!

Tree trimmings sound delightful! What's up next week? Hopefully something fun 🤩

I had to Google those breeds! Beautiful babies ❤️ Your first chickens?

Beautiful work! Your kitties smart to lay claim to it!
I wish my boys had been that quiet! My Swedish Flower Roo (supposed to be a pullet but started crowing at 11 weeks) was so loud! Being in an urban area and desperate to keep him, we tried a crow collar. As soon as i put it on he'd flop over and play dead...

😂 A project is almost an understatement…it’s more like a mission. 🤦‍♀️ The one thing that it has going for it, it has frame work and the floor isn’t rotten…. It’s also heavy, so it won’t blow over. It is seriously so small…I don’t understand how they got 6 chickens in there. They had to be small birds or early enough that they didn’t take too much room. I will have to get a better picture tomorrow to show just how small this is.
You've definitely got a project on your hands. I do love a project! Please keep us updated when you get chance to work on it.

It looks bigger than those prefabs so that's kind of hopeful
I honestly think some of them are bigger. A couple neighbors have some that I have seen. I haven’t seen it in person like this one so maybe that would make a difference. 🤷‍♀️ However, there is still hope for it because I can use it for many things, just can’t use it for a regular flock. I might get away with a few silkies but I would also have to make adjustments. I will take a better picture tomorrow.

She is stunning! I'm smitten 😍 😍

Gracie is the one in the hat, she's not particularly happy about it I don't think! She loves watching t.v. - especially cartoons, hates my mom's cat and reluctantly shares her cat bed occasionally with a chicken...
Gracie is just beautiful, and clearly very tolerant of most things ❤️❤️ Your moms cat must be just terrible 😆😆

I noticed I managed to miss a whole 1/2 a page yesterday. Wonder what else I have missed... 🤔
I had a good productive day yesterday. Observations b4 getting to work.
20221126_065945.jpg
Hope is pretty much back in the club. Here she is, upper right, preening with some of Spiders gals. She is also getting mated by Beetle. So, she ranks somewhere.
20221127_071356~2.jpg
20221127_071436~2.jpg

Spider and some ladies wandered into deep AJ yard territory on a morning lizard hunt. Spider looking stunning at full alert.
20221127_071637.jpg

On a side note. I have fruit in late November!?!! Oranges and Starfruit second season but LATE mangoes, papayas and soursop! Who would have thunk it? Another month till harvest I'd guess.
20221127_071605.jpg
20221127_072255.jpg
20221127_072203.jpg

Woke up to a light rain this morning. Love not summer. Weather not looking ideal for the tree work up Koke'e. Hoping we can push them back a few days but I highly doubt it. Hope they can stay productive for the high $$$$ per day and not completely ruin the cabin. Lol 😭

Does he/she have any mottled birds? If so, you will always get a percentage of mottled chicks if two mottled gene carriers are mated together. Hopefully she will be a carrier.
Not that they shared with me anyways...they just stuck to how they labeled the eggs and that they should be that but then when shown pics of chicks said mottle. Ugh!
I should be thankful with the 2 chick cochins I stumbled upon while back that were the exact color I needed I guess!
Coco is finally getting in his orange (is that what that is called in mille fleur? )

@ChicksnMore hoping you are definitely on the mend! You have the most beautiful birds!!! Peafowl - my spirit bird for sure!!! I live in suburbs so could never have them...but then who am I kidding...I've got way more chickens than I'm supposed to have and let's just not add up the boys! Lol?!
My daughter's cat that lives with us cuz he's a bootyhead and pees on everything at her house...she got him a hotdog costume for Halloween and he just rolled over and played dead!
Really old pic of him but he ain't changed a bit in his nearly 15 yrs....way surpassed his 9 lives!!!

Attachments

• IMG_286361585700830.jpeg
    IMG_286361585700830.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom