What did you do with your flock today?

I noticed I managed to miss a whole 1/2 a page yesterday. Wonder what else I have missed... 🤔
I had a good productive day yesterday. Observations b4 getting to work.View attachment 3334980Hope is pretty much back in the club. Here she is, upper right, preening with some of Spiders gals. She is also getting mated by Beetle. So, she ranks somewhere.View attachment 3334982View attachment 3334986
Spider and some ladies wandered into deep AJ yard territory on a morning lizard hunt. Spider looking stunning at full alert.View attachment 3334993
On a side note. I have fruit in late November!?!! Oranges and Starfruit second season but LATE mangoes, papayas and soursop! Who would have thunk it? Another month till harvest I'd guess.View attachment 3334997View attachment 3334991View attachment 3334999
Woke up to a light rain this morning. Love not summer. Weather not looking ideal for the tree work up Koke'e. Hoping we can push them back a few days but I highly doubt it. Hope they can stay productive for the high $$$$ per day and not completely ruin the cabin. Lol 😭
Wow! That is one studd of a boy there!!!
Now gotta ask what are they doing on the table?! First thing i thought was scared of a mouse and jumped on table...but as big as your babies are they'd eat the mouse! Lol

Wow! That is one studd of a boy there!!!
Now gotta ask what are they doing on the table?! First thing i thought was scared of a mouse and jumped on table...but as big as your babies are they'd eat the mouse! Lol
They just love to preen on the deck chairs, laundry basket table or saw horses. Maybe the grass is dewey or pokie, or they are waiting for a flood or avoiding prowling cats...? My personal take on it is it seems a little status along with practical.

Gracie is just beautiful, and clearly very tolerant of most things ❤️❤️ Your moms cat must be just terrible 😆😆
🤣 🤣🤣He's Elliot's (my other cat) bestie cat friend (his absolute bestie ever was my friend's chihuahua). I think things would have been better between my mom's cat and Grace if she hadn't tried to eat his supper the first time they met as kittens. He slapped her and she's never got over it!

I noticed I managed to miss a whole 1/2 a page yesterday. Wonder what else I have missed... 🤔
I had a good productive day yesterday. Observations b4 getting to work.View attachment 3334980Hope is pretty much back in the club. Here she is, upper right, preening with some of Spiders gals. She is also getting mated by Beetle. So, she ranks somewhere.View attachment 3334982View attachment 3334986
Spider and some ladies wandered into deep AJ yard territory on a morning lizard hunt. Spider looking stunning at full alert.View attachment 3334993
On a side note. I have fruit in late November!?!! Oranges and Starfruit second season but LATE mangoes, papayas and soursop! Who would have thunk it? Another month till harvest I'd guess.View attachment 3334997View attachment 3334991View attachment 3334999
Woke up to a light rain this morning. Love not summer. Weather not looking ideal for the tree work up Koke'e. Hoping we can push them back a few days but I highly doubt it. Hope they can stay productive for the high $$$$ per day and not completely ruin the cabin. Lol 😭
Oh wow! What a beautiful place! I'm so envious of all your space! I grew up in a tiny rural village with so much land around me. Miss it so much now I'm in town.

So pleased Hope is well again and back with the flock - and Spider is absolutely stunning, a very elegant bird ❤️

Not that they shared with me anyways...they just stuck to how they labeled the eggs and that they should be that but then when shown pics of chicks said mottle. Ugh!
I should be thankful with the 2 chick cochins I stumbled upon while back that were the exact color I needed I guess!
Coco is finally getting in his orange (is that what that is called in mille fleur? )

@ChicksnMore hoping you are definitely on the mend! You have the most beautiful birds!!! Peafowl - my spirit bird for sure!!! I live in suburbs so could never have them...but then who am I kidding...I've got way more chickens than I'm supposed to have and let's just not add up the boys! Lol?!
My daughter's cat that lives with us cuz he's a bootyhead and pees on everything at her house...she got him a hotdog costume for Halloween and he just rolled over and played dead!
Really old pic of him but he ain't changed a bit in his nearly 15 yrs....way surpassed his 9 lives!!!
Ha ha Ha! It's so funny when animals play dead! I have a tropical fish that does it all the time - fair gives me heart failure every time he does it! I also had a weather loach for fifteen years who was a real character. I came home one day and thought he'd been decapitated as all I could see was Magnum's head lying on the sand :
20180103_140345.jpg

Your daughter's cat is gorgeous, I love ginger kitties.

Spider is SOO big a BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the way he looks!! Im really happy to see Hope with the others! That is awesome!!!

So today I had a shell less egg. It wasn’t the one I had problems with before, and she has been laying eggs beautifully. They have access to layer feed now and all flock, oyster shells, which they still won’t touch, and egg shells. The egg shells are their own and store bought. So that way I’m not just recycling their eggs back to them and the calcium is just depleted each time. I have read that I can give them crushed calcium tablets (human vitamins) but I’m not sure if that will help or not. I don’t like see this because I know they are pulling calcium from their own bodies and the damage that can cause. I feel a little defeated.

Ugh
So today I had a shell less egg. It wasn’t the one I had problems with before, and she has been laying eggs beautifully. They have access to layer feed now and all flock, oyster shells, which they still won’t touch, and egg shells. The egg shells are their own and store bought. So that way I’m not just recycling their eggs back to them and the calcium is just depleted each time. I have read that I can give them crushed calcium tablets (human vitamins) but I’m not sure if that will help or not. I don’t like see this because I know they are pulling calcium from their own bodies and the damage that can cause. I feel a little defeated.
That is hard! Adult chicken probs are so much more involved than a lil chick! Guess I just got more to learn bout that aspect!
Can you try mixing calcium into like cooked eggs or something to disguise it so they eat it?

Oh…and here is some better pictures of the coop I got. It is on a standard flat bed trailer. It is 3’x4’ on the outside. So really a little less square footage on the inside. But here’s some pictures…please ignore the stuff on the trailer, it’s still the mess from their house.

Attachments

• 90AF1480-912C-4E6E-ABD4-645C6197704A.jpeg
    90AF1480-912C-4E6E-ABD4-645C6197704A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 0AD79D16-E463-4ACE-864C-77118FE0B52C.jpeg
    0AD79D16-E463-4ACE-864C-77118FE0B52C.jpeg
    630.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 8C53A8F6-EA5B-43EF-86A7-52E020EAAF7B.jpeg
    8C53A8F6-EA5B-43EF-86A7-52E020EAAF7B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
Ugh

That is hard! Adult chicken probs are so much more involved than a lil chick! Guess I just got more to learn bout that aspect!
Can you try mixing calcium into like cooked eggs or something to disguise it so they eat it?
I have thought about it…I would be worried they would eat too much calcium. Maybe if I did it every once in a while… 🤷‍♀️. I did add just a tad bit of cracked corn to it and I think they ate a little bit again it’s hard cause the cockerel is normally the first to go at this food…I really don’t want him hurt from too much calcium

Back
Top Bottom