What did you do with your flock today?

Today I did a full inventory of all my chicks I’ve hatched this year. Took forever haha. I didn’t take pics of every single chick but got a couple of the ones growing out really nice. Also got a group picture of all my watermaals I’ve recently hatched and the bobtail that hatched today :)

Also had a poultry project meeting that went fine until we wrapped things up. The youngest kid at the house we were at didn’t shut the door fast enough and let out their young, maniacal German short hair puppy. That dog moved SO fast!! She found an opening thru a kids legs into the main yard…and proceeded to take off after the free ranging chickens! Everyone went after the puppy and left the other gate open and her three dwarf goats went thru the open gate onto the deck where we were practicing and beelined straight for the landscaping 😆🤦🏼‍♀️ The one goat was properly admonished for its naughtiness but the other goat was quite uninterested in listening and pulled a “cat on a leash” and just flopped down and refused to move 😆 So while people were running all over trying to catch the puppy, the chickens were squawking and freaking out, kids were yelling, and the goats were bleating 😆😆😆 It wasn’t funny at the time, but afterwards I couldn’t stop giggling at the chaos 😂

We are all exhausted and tired from the weekend and wishing we had another day before Monday. 🤪

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpeg
    IMG_0421.jpeg
    456.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0423.jpeg
    IMG_0423.jpeg
    452.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0428.jpeg
    IMG_0428.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0439.jpeg
    IMG_0439.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    828.8 KB · Views: 5
Today I did a full inventory of all my chicks I’ve hatched this year. Took forever haha. I didn’t take pics of every single chick but got a couple of the ones growing out really nice. Also got a group picture of all my watermaals I’ve recently hatched and the bobtail that hatched today :)

Also had a poultry project meeting that went fine until we wrapped things up. The youngest kid at the house we were at didn’t shut the door fast enough and let out their young, maniacal German short hair puppy. That dog moved SO fast!! She found an opening thru a kids legs into the main yard…and proceeded to take off after the free ranging chickens! Everyone went after the puppy and left the other gate open and her three dwarf goats went thru the open gate onto the deck where we were practicing and beelined straight for the landscaping 😆🤦🏼‍♀️ The one goat was properly admonished for its naughtiness but the other goat was quite uninterested in listening and pulled a “cat on a leash” and just flopped down and refused to move 😆 So while people were running all over trying to catch the puppy, the chickens were squawking and freaking out, kids were yelling, and the goats were bleating 😆😆😆 It wasn’t funny at the time, but afterwards I couldn’t stop giggling at the chaos 😂

We are all exhausted and tired from the weekend and wishing we had another day before Monday. 🤪
I didn't know whether to choose the heart or laugh emoji!!! What a day!!! And the pics are just so darn cute.

The chaos gets your blood pumping doesn't it 🤣 So many pretty darlings there! What color is that first bird pictured?

Back
Top Bottom