What did you get your dads for Father's Day?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I always have a hard time buying stuff for my dad because he likes gifts that he can use! He also ALWAYS finds some way to ruin the surprise of our gifts. It's become the running joke in our house [​IMG]

This year I bought him the new Clay Walker CD and that new movie The Book of Eli. My mom (well family gifts) got him two new chairs for his horse trailer, a new cooler, the Lady Antebellum CD, and a handful of movies which were mostly westerns. We also got him a nice bull skull sculpture for his little western garden.

What did you get your dad for father's day?

2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    I'm getting him a (used) iPod (yes I have no money...) because he always steals mine [​IMG]

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

DH got movie passes and a new wallet.

4. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    According to Dad, I already gave him his gift, which was letting him get fixed up at the doctors.

5. bantamamba

bantamamba Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    I gave him a friendly phone call. [​IMG]

6. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:Same here.

DD and I got DH a decal made by chickenzoo that says "Chicken Man" with a cochin rooster

7. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Yeah, I got bupkus today. [​IMG]

The wife's a realtor, so Sunday's are a zoo for her. One kid needed to be taken to camp, another coming home (and wiped out), and the third spent the day with a major attitude.

At least my chickens gave me 8 eggs today![​IMG]

(I think I'm getting that ELO cd I've been asking for on Wednesday....)

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I can tell you this much - my dad was a donor. I never met him.

I am soooo peeved at Ken's kids right now I could spit nails. His girls haven't bothered to call him and Kenny called for approximately 30 seconds to say he can't come by because he doesn't have any gas. He doesn't have enough gas to drive 4 miles? And what is wrong with the girls. They have cell phones, and one has been posting on FB today!!!

Sara is the only one that even bothered - got him a cake and nice card. He is really down about this too.

9. MoSo

MoSo In the Wild Plum Yonder

Neither of us have a living parent or grandparent anymore - but we got a long phone call from our son (who lives 800 miles away), which is plenty good enough.

10. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I got him a card and a picture frame that says Family and all sorts of little sayings on it. It's for a family photo if we ever take one. I am skin broke so I figured it was a good thought [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by