What did you have for breakfast this morning?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicken Girl1, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Overrun With Chickens

Just wondering, @NorthFLChick , is it your birthday? [​IMG] If so, many, many Happy Birthday wishes come your way from my direction! [​IMG]

-Alex

2. N F C

N F C just 1 more cup pls Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Alex, you must be psychic! How did you know? hee hee

Part of my fun today will involve changing my avatar several times, all b-day related of course! Yeah, it's just that exciting around here [​IMG]

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

P.S. DH is in the kitchen right now making one of my favorite breakfasts...potatoes diced up with onion and pieces of ham, grilled up until crispy and served with a soft egg on top. And English muffin on the side. ahhhhh great way to start the day!

3. Alexandra33

Ha ha! I just had a sneaking suspicion. [​IMG] You're so welcome. Breakfast this morning sounds incredible, and I was also curious: what kind of cake are you having? Whenever we have sweets (cake, brownies, cookies, ect.) in the house, which is a rare treat, it has become tradition in our family to devour those first thing in the morning. Unhealthy, I'm fully aware, but we don't do it all that often. [​IMG]

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    The cake is chocolate with peanut butter frosting!

We had to try a tiny piece last night and it's delicious [​IMG]

I think that's great you have the sweets first thing...like the old saying goes, "Life's short, eat dessert first".

5. Alexandra33

Talk about YUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! I really hope you enjoy your delicious cake and have a wonderful day celebrating another year of life. [​IMG] That saying is near and dear to my heart!

-Alex

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Thank you Alex! You have a wonderful day [​IMG]

7. Alexandra33

[​IMG]

8. DiamondSwan

DiamondSwan Overrun With Chickens

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    OMG! (gosh) I made that for my dad on father's day! There was some left over so I got to try some-YUMMY!!!!! I also made carrot cake waffles filled with cream cheese and nuts with other good stuff and made it like a cake. I made these egg and ham things in the oven too, along with some fruit. I was up early and in the kitchen for like 2 hours, but daddy deserves the best! I'll share the recipes sometime. Happy birthday by the way! :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    How nice of you to make your Dad a special breakfast! I'm sure he enjoyed every bite [​IMG]

10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Today's breakfast was, um, different. DH was feeling creative. He toasted up English muffins, topped with slice of ham, then a fried egg, melted cheese and topped with a big spoonful of thick potato soup. It was, uh, sort of different, lol.

What did everyone else have today?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by