What did you have for breakfast this morning?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicken Girl1, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Overrun With Chickens

Fantastic! I love stroganoff! [​IMG]

Breakfast hasn't happened as of yet, but my grandma is planning to make us omelets and uncured bacon. [​IMG]

-Alex

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Alex, that sounds like a wonderful breakfast, especially made by your grandma [​IMG](No one cooks like Grandma!)

Funny about stroganoff...I'd be fine without any meat in it and just have the sauce, noodles, mushroom mixture. DH is more traditional though and wants the beef in it. It's one of the few dinners I actually prepare (I'm the baker, he's the cook) and it was to celebrate his 1st week on a new job. He's doing great!

3. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    large curd cottage cheese, seasoned with pepper, and celery salt.

4. DiamondSwan

DiamondSwan Overrun With Chickens

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    Another bowl of cornflakes LOL :)

5. DiamondSwan

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    I'm just gonna tell you what I had for lunch because I have the same thing for breakfast every morning and that's no fun. RAMEN NOODLE SOUP!

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

7. DiamondSwan

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    [​IMG]

8. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Overrun With Chickens

Well said! It's true that grandmas are known for being talented cooks, but mine is rather unique in that area. Don't get me wrong, she's fabulous at making some pretty tasty meals, but let me just say that she has a reputation for burning EVERYTHING! You name it, toast, pancakes, waffles, French toast, even macaroni and cheese. There's no mistaking when my grandma's in the kitchen, because it never fails to end up with limited visibility from smoke and risk of asphyxiation. [​IMG] Goodness gracious, sometimes I think she could burn water! Oh, and with or without beef, stroganoff is delicious. [​IMG]

Breakfast this morning was risotto with chicken and peas. Yum!

-Alex

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I don't eat breakfast - so for lunch I had 3 candy bars (almond joy and 2 reese's something) then some pecan raisin bread from the store. Several slices later I still haven't found any pecans.

10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Your grandma's cooking story reminds me of that old saying, "You know dinner's ready when the smoke alarm goes off"! At least she tries [​IMG]

The risotto sounds tasty.

Maybe they just sort of waved the pecans over the bread [​IMG]

My breakfast yesterday was a homemade cinnamon roll. There are 2 left so that's what DH and I'll have this morning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by