What did you have for breakfast this morning?

Pics
Probably a silly question.... But do duck eggs taste like chicken eggs?
Not a silly question in the least, @OrganicFarmWife !
smile.png
The only difference I can detect is a richer, thicker yolk in duck eggs that tends to coat one's mouth. If you ever get a chance to try them, I would jump at it, as there's nothing quite like baking or cooking of any kind with duck eggs. Cakes, pancakes, waffles, omelets, noodles (never tried them, but so I've heard), even homemade chicken patties that are dipped in egg before the breading are incomparably better.

-Alex

Not a silly question in the least, @OrganicFarmWife !
smile.png
The only difference I can detect is a richer, thicker yolk in duck eggs that tends to coat one's mouth. If you ever get a chance to try them, I would jump at it, as there's nothing quite like baking or cooking of any kind with duck eggs. Cakes, pancakes, waffles, omelets, noodles (never tried them, but so I've heard), even homemade chicken patties that are dipped in egg before the breading are incomparably better.

-Alex

That's what I've heard about the duck eggs too...that they're kind of creamier, richer. And of course bigger! I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet either.

So Alex, should we all show up at your place for breakfast next weekend to try them out?
droolin.gif

That's what I've heard about the duck eggs too...that they're kind of creamier, richer. And of course bigger! I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet either.

So Alex, should we all show up at your place for breakfast next weekend to try them out?
droolin.gif
Sounds like a plan!
big_smile.png
Creamier, that's a great description for the texture. I had a chocolate cake once that was made with duck eggs, and I kid you not, and it was so incredibly moist that it seemed more like a fudge with frosting.
smile.png
Yum!

-Alex

I always thought duck eggs were better for baking than for eating. They were a bit too rich for my liking! Many people like them though.

This morning I have an egg, bagel, and cheddar cheese sandwich. Lately my typical breakfast has been two fried eggs, an English muffin, and a glass of milk. I was really mixing it up this morning!

Now suddenly I'm in the mood for omelets though!

Last edited:
DH made one of his fabulous omelets for breakfast this morning, served with slices of my homemade bread (toasted) and grapefruit juice.

I'm with Chickerdoodle, I don't care for eating duck eggs so much. They're a bit too rich. Save them for brownies, though, and you'll have folks following you home for more!

Not sure what breakfast is going to be. Pancakes sure sound good. I have bananas and raspberries to go on top....

Back
Top Bottom