Buggles

SnowBall(RIP)

Hammy(Butchered one day)

Mr. Nipper

Mr. Evil(Was Butchered)

Sniffles(Was Butchered)

Pheasant

Phoenix

I love this so much! I have LOTS of roosters and cockerels too. I always get a, "What?! You've got that many roosters?!" anytime someone asks me how many boys I have. It's different whenever they're in bachelor flocks, but most people don't think about that or don't know about that. This makes me feel so much better

I love this so much! I have LOTS of roosters and cockerels too. I always get a, "What?! You've got that many roosters?!" anytime someone asks me how many boys I have. It's different whenever they're in bachelor flocks, but most people don't think about that or don't know about that. This makes me feel so much better
You're welcome.
I need a Bachelor Pad, but can't build one yet.

I've had a lot of roosters over the years, but right now, I have: Reuben and Winter (Silkies); Roscoe, Russell, and Gus (Red and Black silkie-feathered Cochin bantams); Murphy (Black Copper Marans with one copy of silver); Winston, Achernar, and Troll (Fawn Silver Duckwing OEGBs); Rigel, Louis, and Feldon (Khaki Silver Duckwing OEGBs); Buzz and Rosey (Silkie x Cochin mixes).

Reuben, Winston, Murphy, Roscoe, and Russell are just names I like. 😁

Winter was broody hatched and I didn't know if he was a boy or a girl, so I picked a neutral, but fitting name. He's a white Silkie, so Winter.

Achernar and Rigel, along with their siblings, were named after stars.

Buzz got his name for chasing a big ol' horse fly as a tiny baby. I jokingly called him Buzz and it stuck.

Gus is named after another rooster of the same breed that I had a few years ago. The original Gus was only here for about a month before he passed away suddenly. The current Gus is going strong and probably my favorite rooster so far, such a sweet, lovable lug. ❤

And Rosey, Troll, Louis, and Feldon were named by some (non-chicken-owning) friends of mine. 😁

I love cockerels and roosters! My favorite big guy (we have mostly bantams after 2 out of 3 of my first boys are/were human aggressive) has the absolute worst name ever and it's "KnotHead" but as a chick, he had a huge knot where his comb was sprouting. He knows his name very well come treat time. I also like the boy names
Le'Shawn
Finley
Sage
RoX
Archie
Blue
Zane
Manny
Zeion (zee on)
Rudy Roo

Love the names
Titan
Titanic
Storm (my drakes name is Stormy)

We just got our rooster, so far I called him Pretty boy, Big boy, Sugar daddy.
no real name yet, hope to be inspired by your stories and names.
He is a 7 months old Buff Orpington.View attachment 2423466
Of course I am biased, but I think he looks like a Roody. Or Huckleberry Finn or Tom Sawyer. I like long book names.

I have, and have had, several roosters. Here are the living ones, including my guineas:
Zapraska
Neutrophil
Hemoglobin
Spook
Snidely
Tourettes

The deceased ones, including the guineas:
Simnel
Lefty
Eclipse
Kahlua
Cinnamon
Pin
Moltres
Fujita

And that's about it.
Go ahead, ask me about my all my hens.... 😏

A few roosters I've named are:
Prince Edward, a mean Rhode island red.

Jimmy Chimney Chicken, who in my defense was named by a 2 year old, I asked him what should I name this chicken? He said chimney. This was my favorite rooster and chicken, I've ever had he was so tame and friendly, and one day I just found him. No known cause. So sad. :hit

Oreo, a Red Sussex cross.

And Peanut Butter, an ISA brown I still have.

Greg was a charity case that needed a home. I had him for 4 years before finally getting sick of his 💩.

I didn't have a breeding use for him so he went to a couple that absolutely love his dastardly disposition.

D-bag Greg.
20201124_184904.jpg

Back
Top Bottom