What did you name your Rooster?

Pics
Wow @MysteryChicken and @aliciaFarmer you guys have me beat for Rooster numbers! I thought I Had a lot of boys... How many chickens do you have???
my names:

Lil’ Peeps (deceased)
Mr. Marans
Mr. Eyebrows (deceased)
Chickie Hawk
Bob (deceased)
Barney
Sammy
Dean
Cass
Roostie
Little Red (is quickly getting not so little!)

most other cockerels were named Sausage or some variant on Sausage:

Big Sausage
Little Sausage
Red Sausage
Bitey Sausage
Down to 80 birds. The count includes turkeys, & guineas.

We just got our rooster, so far I called him Pretty boy, Big boy, Sugar daddy.
no real name yet, hope to be inspired by your stories and names.
He is a 7 months old Buff Orpington.View attachment 2423466
My first buff Roos name was tuffy. He was soooooooooo mean. He used to attack me when I would feed the hens in the morning.

Well, my BR/RIR roo is named Burt, my Cuckoo maran mix roo is named Rex, BR roo is Atlas, Black Australorp roo is named Poe, my other BA is named Charlie, and my EE roo is named Maude. I did have a leghorn roo named Foghorn and another named Johnny Bravo, but they were major assholes.

Down to 80 birds. The count includes turkeys, & guineas.
I’m at 84, but all chickens, I could probably stand to add a few more boys TBH, at least for the free range flock, but I need to make sure they are good guys and get along with the other 4/5 boys... which is frustrating.

all my Roosters end up with Names, not all my he’s do though, I don’t think I could keep track of them all!

I’m at 84, but all chickens, I could probably stand to add a few more boys TBH, at least for the free range flock, but I need to make sure they are good guys and get along with the other 4/5 boys... which is frustrating.

all my Roosters end up with Names, not all my he’s do though, I don’t think I could keep track of them all!
I have some I haven't named yet.
Here's a new addition who needs a name.
16049606767552130563648069389772.jpg

Well we thought our boy was a pullet, and we called him rosey and rose until he started crowing. Since he knew that name it was changed to axl rose. Now it is just axl. It fits in very well actually.

Back
Top Bottom