What did you name your Rooster?

This was my first rooster, originally named Lisa actually. Then Jinx, but I decided I didn’t like that, so I changed it to Napoleon. It fit him perfectly! He was small but fierce, 7 1/2 pounds but would attack hawks, winning every time.
View attachment 2424368

After Napoleon passed this summer, I got Uriah. He was named something else by his first owners but I had picked out the name Uriah for my next rooster so I changed it. Uriah means “Light of God” and it is also the name of one of my favorite characters from the Divergent series (I usually choose names based on characters from books)
View attachment 2424367
Love your sig!
Is that an austrolorp?

We currently have Captain Cluck, Hay Boy, and Spotty. Captain Cluck is a white leghorn, Hay Boy is a white leghorn buff Orpington cross, and Spotty is a white leghorn silver laced Wyandotte cross. Captain Cluck is Hay Boy and Spotty’s father.

We've had lots over the years, here's our first rooster we ever had, Kernel (or Colonel?) Corn. Was named when we got him, he was a beautiful golden sebright bantam.

IMG_1967.JPG IMG_1970.JPG

This was Cluck Norris, a big buff orpington

CluckNorris1.JPG CluckNorris2.JPG

This was some sort of bantam named Clark

Clark1.JPG

A big speckled sussex I named Rocky

29103719_927653027395931_7825150767991357440_o_927653020729265.jpg

Easter egger bantam named Lenny

IMG_4156.JPG IMG_4162.JPG

A white faced black spanish that came as a surprise chick from the hatchery, named Simone

image0 (1).jpg

And currently, a mille fleur d'uccle bantam named Father Time, was also named when I got him but I think it fits him :)

IMG_2411.JPG Fathertime (14).JPG Fathertime (16).JPG

Love your sig!
Is that an austrolorp?
Thank you!

He is actually a marans Cochin cross, but some people think he looks like an orpington. I don’t officially know his background and breeding because the lady was more of a hobby farmer, nothing fancy. I did see his mom (definitely a marans) and the brother of his dad (definitely a Cochin) so I guess that’s what he is!

We've had lots over the years, here's our first rooster we ever had, Kernel (or Colonel?) Corn. Was named when we got him, he was a beautiful golden sebright bantam.

View attachment 2424410View attachment 2424411

This was Cluck Norris, a big buff orpington

View attachment 2424407View attachment 2424408

This was some sort of bantam named Clark

View attachment 2424406

A big speckled sussex I named Rocky

View attachment 2424405

Easter egger bantam named Lenny

View attachment 2424418View attachment 2424419

A white faced black spanish that came as a surprise chick from the hatchery, named Simone

View attachment 2424409

And currently, a mille fleur d'uccle bantam named Father Time, was also named when I got him but I think it fits him :)

View attachment 2424412View attachment 2424425View attachment 2424426
Clark is a Dutch bantam.

Is he full grown? What a little peep! Piper? Flipping Pippin, Little Rock? LOL he is adorable is that a barred rock or Dominque?
He's 9 weeks old now. He was 6 weeks when the picture was taken.

He's a Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock.

Interesting name suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom