What did you people do to me?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by minor_danger, Mar 4, 2011.

1. minor_danger

minor_danger Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2011
    I don't have a TSC anywhere near me but I do have a Grifs. It is basically the same idea only smaller. I just got my 5 silkie bantams in the mail on Tuesday and have been nursing one back to heath ever since. So I go to Grifs to see if I can find something to help Mirabelle feel better and they have new chicks in. This doesn't surprise me because they have chicks year round. I mosey on over to just take a peek. "Aww...how cute..." then "OMG baby quail! Look baby, quail! Peep peep peep." (at this point my fiance pretends he doesn't know me) Then I start thinking that wow, some of these guys are sure small...and hey...that looks like a Polish. Hmmm... so I walk away to the chick health section and see nothing I do not already have. I walk back to the chicks. "Peep peep peep. Look Duck, (<--- fiances nickname) that looks like a Polish. Those are EE. Those are RIR. I think the rest are bantams...that doesn't seem right though." So we walk over to ask the lady behind the counter where they get their chicks (Ideal) and what their minimum on chicks is (1, OMG JUST 1). I ask if they have a list of what they ordered. No list but they get layers (I recognized those) and have assorted bantams and Polish. I was right! I am now intrigued. I go look again and leave. I have contemplated going back ever since.

WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE TO ME?

MUST RESIST...

2. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    FAIL!!!! [​IMG]

I can't believe you left...w/o ONE [​IMG] LOLOL.... just one of these [​IMG]

Now listen here ..[​IMG] you MUST go get your ONE...because I had to buy five to get the minimum that i talked them
    down from 10 lol...

GO BACK..I'm not sure what you are waiting for..get off the [​IMG] computer and GO GO GO...

3. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    But what is wrong with just 2? (It can never be just 1 as they need their pals)

4. minor_danger

Mar 1, 2011
    I have my eye on three. My mom wants a white crested black polish. That would be one. I saw a white one that looked rumpless and it was so cute. And a chipmunk colored bantam...and a silver seabright...

STOP ENCOURAGING THIS MADNESS!

But they are bantams...so they are small...they don't count as a real chicken right?

5. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Your so silly, you should know by now that we all love to enable each othets addiction. [​IMG]
    So as an enabler I encourage getting more and by the rules of chicken math 2 bantams only count as 1 LF chicken, unless, it is the really small bantams such as Sebrights or Nanikins then it would be 4 = 1.
    [​IMG]

6. minor_danger

Mar 1, 2011
    Thought you might like to see the temptation.

Is that a silver seabright I see in the middle? See all the Polish?
    [​IMG]

7. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    I was in TSC this afternoon and they wont have chicks for a couple of WEEKS! I have 16 ready to go outside (5 weeks old) I guess it is a good thing they didnt have any. I dont need any more....yet....LMBO!

8. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] I see SO many that would tempt me...is that a buff laced polish??? Toward the top of the pic? And that tiny one that you think is a s.sebright...and the grey/silver one its touching....

9. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    YOU CAN NOT RESIST [​IMG]

You can NOT buy just one, either, as was mentioned above...
    Nor can you deny that you came to the wrong place for support (or sympathy...) from us for being such enablers (also previously mentioned)! [​IMG]

10. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Awe sooo cute. I would take a bunch if I lived near there. Stopped by the TSC near me and they already sold out all the chicks they just got in. They said that they should have more next week.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by