What did you use your eggs for today??

Scrambled eggs in a mug.

Needed

1-mug 8oz. or more, your choice. Exterior logo optional. The mug I usually use has the words "One must be patient with others." (on the side anyone else sees) and has the words "YA MORONS!" on the side I see.

cooking spray
2-large chicken eggs (if you use anything else, you're on yer own. In any case, I take no responsibility for the outcome.)
2-TBS milk
Additions of your choice. I use a couple TBS of bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese

1-Fork
750 or 1000 watt Microwave

Spray interior of the mug with cooking spray. Crack eggs into mug and add milk. Beat eggs/milk with fork until blended, or until your arm falls off whichever comes first. Place mug into either watt microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Remove mug from microwave (eggs should be halfway set) Add additions (if you are using any)and stir egg mixture briefly with fork. Return mug to microwave and nuke on high for 1 minute (75 seconds for 750 watt microwave). Remove mug from microwave, stir again if you really need the excersise and eat.

what is custard cake? I always have extra milk in my classroom--hopefully custard cake uses lots of milk????

Ok I don't actually use recipes but here goes. I cheated and used packet custard but you could just as easily make egg custard. I did it that way cos its just a spoonful of custard powder, one of sugar and a cup of milk whisked then microwaved for 3 min. I did that first to let it cool.
Then about a cup and a half of self raising flour, a cup and a quarter mixed raw sugar and loose brown sugar, good slosh of imitation vanilla, good sprinkle of nutmeg, one very large duck egg and about half a cup to a cup of milk, I add it as I'm beating to get a smooth, shiny but thick batter.
I use a mug not a cup measure so I'm really guessing!
Half the mixture into well greased round pan. Pour custard evenly over then cover with batter, you want the edges to meet up. I baked at about 120 Celsius for around 40 mins and it was just a bit bouncy. Let cool in pan for at least 5 min. When i turned it out I spread it with margarine, sprinkled with white sugar, lots of cinnamon and drizzled with golden syrup.
I imagine with fresh milk and made from scratch egg custard it would be amazing. It could also be made bigger and lighter with a bit more care.

Fried portabello mushroom, roasted red pepper, and scrambled eggs sandwich-Yum!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom