What did your chickens do today?

They ate and slept and pooped and had to endure the barking of my neighbors 6 small dogs that have not stopped barking since they let them out at 5:30am and it's 7:56pm now...ughhhhhh...
Yep, these 6 little guys, run out of the house (probably a doggie door) like they are on a mission as soon as the owner, leaves for work about 6:30a they keep it up all day long. Our house sits up from theirs so it's like the sound is in my house, and there is open land behind all of us, so they run out to the edge of their property and start barking at "NOTHING"...and then they just egg each other on all day long. It's so annoying as the neighbor does "NOTHING"...just lets them go on all day and into early evening. I don't know what is wrong with these people. And to think I felt guilty over a little Crowing when I had Roosters. I don't think out here in this area that there is any NOISE abatement or any way to stop them... in a nice way :) I love my hens, I'm starting to hate my neighbors...

Yep, these 6 little guys, run out of the house (probably a doggie door) like they are on a mission as soon as the owner, leaves for work about 6:30a they keep it up all day long. Our house sits up from theirs so it's like the sound is in my house, and there is open land behind all of us, so they run out to the edge of their property and start barking at "NOTHING"...and then they just egg each other on all day long. It's so annoying as the neighbor does "NOTHING"...just lets them go on all day and into early evening. I don't know what is wrong with these people. And to think I felt guilty over a little Crowing when I had Roosters. I don't think out here in this area that there is any NOISE abatement or any way to stop them... in a nice way :) I love my hens, I'm starting to hate my neighbors...
I think you need more Roosters. Loud one's.
D.gif

My Chickens took a communal dust bath yesterday! We had a pile of dirt dropped for some landscaping we are doing, and they found the pile irresistible! They were a dirty bunch of chickens by the time the day was over.

I think you need more Roosters. Loud one's.
D.gif
me toooooooo! I actually saw the man next door this morning and I so wanted to say something, but I held my tongue...he went back into the house...so far I am having peace and quiet back country living today! LOL

Last night I gave Betty, my 2 1/2yr old Barred Rock an Castor Oil foot bath for "leg mites" spa treatment....this morning she looked at me like? what the heck happened last night? She's going to be getting another one in a few days... the others are just like, Roaming around waiting for me to let them all out to play.

[COLOR=0000FF]I don't know what you can do but just wanted to say I know how you feel! [/COLOR]
hugs.gif
[COLOR=0000FF]Keep it clean, let it scab over and it may heal itself nicely. Takes some time. How did she get hurt? Is her leg affected, broken? (Because she doesn't stand.) [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Update on Greenie: Greenie is being obnoxious! Guess that means she is better, after her ordeal. I've taken her into the coop, let her set there awhile (by herself, with the door closed so Roo and the others can't get in) Also have placed her down on the ground in the run w/ Roo in the coop so he can't get out. The other hens came after her and tried to peck. She cowered and I chased them off. She still doesn't like to come to me, but kept me in her line of sight while in the run. I really don't think she'll be able to go back in there at all. Don't know if she'll ever be very friendly, either. [/COLOR]
sad.png
[COLOR=0000FF]Guess she knows I'm her protection, but is feeling like she can fend for herself more and more. When she was standing on top of the feeding shelter today, she would run to the other end of it (4' long) when I tried to pick her up. [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]She's getting stronger, though. Harder to catch when I let her out. Today, I forgot to put the "roof" back on her little house and she flew to the top - never did that before, or even tried. I tucked her back in with some loose dirt and last I looked, she was taking a nice cool dirt bath! Her scab is gone from her head and it looks like a few feathers are growing back. I just don't know where to put her - she really can't stay in her little house for ever - and we're not set up for 2 coops and 2 runs. I think she'll get cold this winter w/o the heat of the other chickens at night. Any suggestions? Might have to find her a new home...[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Even if Roo fries, the other hens don't want her in there either. They may do the same thing he did. [/COLOR]
idunno.gif
I don't think it broken. The first day she was walking around, hopping and flying. I only noticed the wound when she fly to my husbands 6 ft shoulder! But the next day all the sudden she had no control of it. Today she stands and wobbles around with quite a bit of falling. But I noticed she moves the leg but not the foot. She walks with it bent backwards on the ankle area :( I reposition it for her so it won't contracture hoping it a torn nerve or tendon that will hopefully heal. Wounds looking great. Dried out now with no openly bleeding or signs of infection. My husband building her a complete separate coop so I guess like greenie she will become our special girl. I can't cull her with hopes it can fix itself as long as I keep infection out. And she eats. Drinks. Chirps all normally.

Spl
I don't think it broken. The first day she was walking around, hopping and flying. I only noticed the wound when she fly to my husbands 6 ft shoulder! But the next day all the sudden she had no control of it. Today she stands and wobbles around with quite a bit of falling. But I noticed she moves the leg but not the foot. She walks with it bent backwards on the ankle area :( I reposition it for her so it won't contracture hoping it a torn nerve or tendon that will hopefully heal. Wounds looking great. Dried out now with no openly bleeding or signs of infection. My husband building her a complete separate coop so I guess like greenie she will become our special girl. I can't cull her with hopes it can fix itself as long as I keep infection out. And she eats. Drinks. Chirps all normally.

Splinted her foot this evening. Hoping it will train her to keep her foot facing forward. She's been jumping around in the cage trying to fly!!! Soooo hopeful!

[COLOR=0000FF]That does sound like progress! How big a space do you have for her?[/COLOR]

Right now I am trying to limit her movement so she doesn't nature herself more. 2x3 area in house with a sand bottom. We take her outside daily fr grass and sun( with apt supervision!) depending on how well she does this next week we are going to try and put her outside with a little more room and half grass / half sand flooring. As long as her wound stays scanned well and no other digression in her abilities, at least during the day

Back
Top Bottom