What do ducks Need?

Hazelbunny

Songster
6 Years
Jan 19, 2018
Ontario, canada
Hello!
I am planning to get two muscovy ducks to see if I should get more. But I was wondering if ducks need anything special. I know that they need a pool to swim in but is there anything else that they would Need? (other than food)

Hello!
I am planning to get two muscovy ducks to see if I should get more. But I was wondering if ducks need anything special. I know that they need a pool to swim in but is there anything else that they would Need? (other than food)
Muscovies are good fliers, especially the females, so you will need to clip wings.

Hello!
Would love to hear how this works out for you. I have been debating getting Muscovy ducks as well...can't decide yet.

I had narrowed it down to a few breeds and ended up buying a year and a half old flock of blue swedish, 1 drake, 3 hens. I was looking for cold hardy layers and my preference was not to brood ducklings in my house (I do not have a barn or garage). Also I did not want to risk straight run and having to cull. I am hoping since they had been getting along so far, that the drake/hen ratio will continue to be ok. Grown ducks are no harder to care for than grown chickens on a daily basis, though they stink a bit more. You will do great!

Back
Top Bottom