What do folks do besides take care of chickens I mean!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by La Banan, Sep 28, 2008.

1. La Banan

La Banan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Hi - just wondering what everyone does for livlihoods besides being part time farmers that is. I'll start - I'm a psychotherapist in private practice and a writer. I own a murder mystery business with two of my best pals and we've been running murder mysteries out of hotels and so forth for over 22 years. Yikes.
    Jan la Banan

2. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    i draw
    [​IMG]

3. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Quote:I am retired - mostly work on building the farm, I also write some (various stuff) and would love to be published someday - even if I don't get published, oh well, I still love to write.

The murder mystery thing sounds fun!!

You know, if I didn't have so much time on the farm, I would probably have fewer chickens, LOL. But they are so cuddly!!

Peace -
    Meriah

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm currently a college student going for Pre-med. I also like to draw and I make money as a peer educator here at the college and at home I work in a parrot sanctuary. I also ride horses and I'm an EMT with a local volunteer squad.

5. Poultra

Poultra Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
    Currently, I'm a groundskeeper/greenhouse worker at an agricultural research station. I've been in this position for about a year. Before that, I was a research technician for a plant pathologist first and then an entomologist at the Station, plus a few part time stints for other researchers there. I loved working for the entomologist but, due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to move on and being a groundskeeper there allowed me to keep my retirement benefits going. Hopefully, next year, the family and I will be able to move to the husband's family's farm and take up farming, if all goes well. I'll have to put in a transfer to the main campus (we're not going to able to get by without at least one guaranteed income for a while).

So that's it for me in a small nutshell.

6. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I'm in vet school (graduating in May [​IMG]) and work part time at a vet clinic, as well as with some of the research dogs at school. Oh, and b/c I need something else to keep me busy, I also sell PartyLite (candles) on the side!

7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I am a research assistant in the fields of child development and psychology. Degree M.O.M. [​IMG]

I also have my sign rental business but thats just getting started.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  8. tpflabs

tpflabs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Metamora, Illinois
    I do wedding flowers..
    and I raise and show, train, and rescue purebred labradors.
    I'm in vet school (graduating in May )

GOOD LUCK!! we need more good vets..​

9. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    First and foremost, I'm a stay at home mom to a wonderful almost 3 yr old (her birday party is next Sunday). I also build websites, I specialize in those that need a site but don't want to pay a fortune for it. Oh, and I'm in college for my second degree, this one is in business mgt. That's about it besides farming that is... [​IMG]

10. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Take care of geese! I was a Librarian for 23 years, worked in a Greenhouse, worked in a Health Food store, worked in the Stat Lab of a hospital, and worked in a Lumber Yard. I intended to be an artist, which is what I went to college for!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by