What do folks do besides take care of chickens I mean!

La Banan

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2008
Hi - just wondering what everyone does for livlihoods besides being part time farmers that is. I'll start - I'm a psychotherapist in private practice and a writer. I own a murder mystery business with two of my best pals and we've been running murder mysteries out of hotels and so forth for over 22 years. Yikes.
Jan la Banan

i draw
004-1.jpg

Quote:
I am retired - mostly work on building the farm, I also write some (various stuff) and would love to be published someday - even if I don't get published, oh well, I still love to write.

The murder mystery thing sounds fun!!

You know, if I didn't have so much time on the farm, I would probably have fewer chickens, LOL. But they are so cuddly!!

Peace -
Meriah

I'm currently a college student going for Pre-med. I also like to draw and I make money as a peer educator here at the college and at home I work in a parrot sanctuary. I also ride horses and I'm an EMT with a local volunteer squad.

Currently, I'm a groundskeeper/greenhouse worker at an agricultural research station. I've been in this position for about a year. Before that, I was a research technician for a plant pathologist first and then an entomologist at the Station, plus a few part time stints for other researchers there. I loved working for the entomologist but, due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to move on and being a groundskeeper there allowed me to keep my retirement benefits going. Hopefully, next year, the family and I will be able to move to the husband's family's farm and take up farming, if all goes well. I'll have to put in a transfer to the main campus (we're not going to able to get by without at least one guaranteed income for a while).

So that's it for me in a small nutshell.

I'm in vet school (graduating in May
ya.gif
) and work part time at a vet clinic, as well as with some of the research dogs at school. Oh, and b/c I need something else to keep me busy, I also sell PartyLite (candles) on the side!

I am a research assistant in the fields of child development and psychology. Degree M.O.M.
lau.gif

I also have my sign rental business but thats just getting started.

Last edited:
I do wedding flowers..
and I raise and show, train, and rescue purebred labradors.
I'm in vet school (graduating in May )

GOOD LUCK!! we need more good vets..​

First and foremost, I'm a stay at home mom to a wonderful almost 3 yr old (her birday party is next Sunday). I also build websites, I specialize in those that need a site but don't want to pay a fortune for it. Oh, and I'm in college for my second degree, this one is in business mgt. That's about it besides farming that is...
big_smile.png

Take care of geese! I was a Librarian for 23 years, worked in a Greenhouse, worked in a Health Food store, worked in the Stat Lab of a hospital, and worked in a Lumber Yard. I intended to be an artist, which is what I went to college for!

Back
Top Bottom