What do folks do besides take care of chickens I mean!

Such interesting jobs!
clap.gif
Very diverse group here...

I've been a death investigator/forensic autopsy technician for the Medical Examiner for a bit over 7 years. We cover 7 counties in NC. My educational background is forensic anthropology. Apparently I like dead people!
lau.gif

I love you guys! This is such a wonderful place to drop in and visit. All of us are connected by our love for chickens
smile.png
I grew as a farm girl; left the farm and worked at everything from waitressing to working at OTB to cutting pulpwood for St Regis pulp mill. Went to college finally and worked with developmentally disabled adults for 10 years. After that I retrained and now work in an anatomic pathology lab - I use a microscope to look for cancer in tissue samples. I also help care for my 86 year old Dad, golf and spend mucho time with my feathered friends.

momofdrew... I like your signature!

Its not how many times you are knocked down,
Its how many times you get up.

right on.​

Wow. All these different walks of life...and what brings us all together?? CHICKENS! Myself...well...I dont work outside the home anymore. I used to work in a lab analyzing soil and water samples for volatile fuels. We had multimillion dollar accounts with the state, and government. I found it was way too stressfull....on slip of the hand, and millions was lost. NO THANKS!
My husband is retired AF....and now works with a local company makeing plastic injection molds. He has been with them for 8 years now.
I am working on becoming self suffeceint....so my work is here. Planting fruits trees...berries...and of course the gardening and animals. I take care of the animals and the house...and all the canning. Guess I am just plain old boreing...but never bored. Plenty to do around here from before daylight, till way after dark.

Currently a stay at home wife and mother
big_smile.png

I also sew. Just about anything. That brings in some money for my hobbies.
We've decided against me going back to work, since we bought the homestead and things need a lot of attention around here. I'm working on getting the little things done at the moment since winter's creeping in. But I can't wait for spring and our dairy goat herd!
wee.gif

Quote:
We get them when you are done...
I am retired from owning a mocrofilm service bureau and now work with my husband. We own a cemetery, burial vault plant, crematory and do transport for funeral homes and the county coroner .

My DH owns his own business, so fortunately, I can stay at home. We have a 17 year old son, who just started homeschooling for his senior year. I have a greenhouse, so I sell veggies sets started early from seed. From February to June, my DH has to help me in the greenhouse if he wants to spend time with me.
lol.png
I love to garden, do some scrapbooking, handmake all my cards and love to just stay busy.

Setter4, I love forensic science! You have my dream job.

Apparently I'm the most boring one here. I'm a mom first and foremost to four wonderful/rotten kids- 2 teens, and an 11 and 7 yr old. (all of them are wonderful and rotten at the same time). I work full time as an R.N.
I try like crazy to pay my bills, keep my house clean and run my kids here, there and everywhere. (4 kids- 6 sports). I have a husband that I try to date at least twice a year (after 17 yrs, who needs dates! LOL) Oh, and I have chickens to entertain me- I get bored on my days off!!

Herbalist, writer, old clock repair, stay at home mom(though with my last and youngest to be 16 next month, those days will end.)Last but not least future small hobby farmer.(Though I guess I am a little of that now too,lol.)

Back
Top Bottom