what do i do about a prolapsed egg sac???

aubreynoramarie

designated lawn flamingo
9 Years
May 27, 2010
Reno, Nevada
when he hatched it was completely absorbed but i think maybe mama stepped on him funny and it popped out. (thnx genny).

what do i do? will he absorb it again? I took him away and wiped him down because he was all gunky...

272942_246950548654712_100000193053136_1195939_7486371_o.jpg

I'm on my first batch of eggs and I personally don't know what to do but that looks pretty bad. I hope someone with more knowledge comes around soon for the chick's sake.
fl.gif

noo! its definitely the sac, in real life it is VERY yellow, this picture makes it look red. poor guys. hes running around all happy and stuff in the bator. stupid jerk getting me all attatched better not die
sad.png

Baby is still alive so far. He's still sort of gunky but mama seems to be keeping him warm and safe. I have not seen him recently but I can hear faint peeping coming from the crate

I had one look a lot like that and when he rubbed on the bottom of the incubator it kind of "popped" and some gunk came out of it. He is doing fine now and is 2 days old! He will most likely live, that is what it looks like as of right now! I hope yours is doing okay too!

If it IS a yolksac, he'll most likely re-absorb it in a day or so. But that photo does look like it's his insides. I think I can see bits of intestines in there. I really hope he's okay. Please post updates on him.

Back
Top Bottom