what do i do about wild birds eating my chickens food!!

BellLisamo

Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Tombstone, AZ
Ok so apparently the wild birds are eating the hens laying feed mix. I'm waiting to see a $hit ton of wild bird eggs around. TURDS! WHAT DO I DO!!! They are pigs!

Sit back and enjoy? A pair of cardinals are picking at the mess the chicks leave at our house. Its really cute to see the male feed his mate on occasion

Otherwise try supervised feedings?

Last edited:
if when you are storing it then get a better container to put it in
if it is when you feed them either get a bird feeder or get one of those feeders at tractor suply or southern states:thumbsup

Do you have your run covered?. The only thing so far in the wild birds that get in mine are the titmice. They don't stand a chance once the girls are let out of a morning into the run. No bird gets in. They would kill them. If yours are free range there is no way that I know of to keep them from eating it. Jean

measure the feed out, just enough that your birds will eat in one "Sitting.." wild birds will bring in mites and all kinds of diseases... plus measuring them out will keep your birds more healthy weight wise.

my run is fenced off with chicken wire. and as for my hens? they dont care about the birds flying in! Chickens! LOL.

It is in a free feeder type thing, its covered. Thanks for all the tips and advice

Back
Top Bottom