What do I do-chickens have fowl pox

That squash concoction sounds so good I might make one for myself! I've printed the recipe and will make it for my girls.

Thanks;)

ok my chickens have had these warts for like 2 months. it looks just like the picture i saw on this site. not sure what is going on. Thank for the squash boat recipe i'm sure they'll love that. it's really kinda of funny i did give them half of a pumpkin this morning before i even did my post. thanks for all your input

Thanks for the squash boat recipe! I looked outside this morning while the chickens were on the patio, and heck if my son's barred rock didn't have those black lesions. Poor girl! I'm going to make them one of those thingys, in the hopes of boosting the whole flock's chances at resistance/fast recovery.

We've had so much rain here! OMG what a mess! Just about all of my girls have the pox. So there is nothing I can do about it? The mosquitoes were absolutely HORRIBLE this summer. Is this harmful to humans?

can anyone identify if this is fowl pox?! I'm worried ....all my french black copper marans are starting to show signs of this kind of black stuff on their combs. They don't seem sick, or lethargic, but they look really bad. This girl here was my prettiest one til this struck her. I read the mosquitos causes it...but they started getting this last month, and where I live, it was still COLD...I haven't seen mosquitos yet up here in the mountains. I have been overrun with mice. Could that affect it? Also, one of my maran hens got really lethargic, and died within 3 days...this was a month ago, and one baby chick did the exact same thing...but neither of them were showing this black stuff. Anyone know what's goin on?

can anyone identify if this is fowl pox?! I'm worried ....all my french black copper marans are starting to show signs of this kind of black stuff on their combs. They don't seem sick, or lethargic, but they look really bad. This girl here was my prettiest one til this struck her. I read the mosquitos causes it...but they started getting this last month, and where I live, it was still COLD...I haven't seen mosquitos yet up here in the mountains. I have been overrun with mice. Could that affect it? Also, one of my maran hens got really lethargic, and died within 3 days...this was a month ago, and one baby chick did the exact same thing...but neither of them were showing this black stuff. Anyone know what's goin on?
Hi. I just noticed how old this original post was. ! Then I saw you just wrote one a few minutes ago. I'm sure you've probably read the previous posts about how " wet pox " is in their mouths and you might not know it til they're dead , unfortunately, so I'm wondering if that's how you lost the ones that didn't have the lesions ??? Hmmm I saw bow some people put grease or iodine on the lesions. How good nutrition too , will help it run it's course. Hope this helps and keep us posted on progress. :)

Back
Top Bottom