What do I do? Help!

I don’t think that’s possible. She laid them on Feb 22 and I’ve had them a week now. I did an eggtopsy on one of the others and it was definitely a pretty formed duck. In the photo it kind of looks like he isn’t taking up as much of the shell as it did earlier but he moved a bit. Almost the entire thing was black.
I think it's getting close. Maybe another couple days, but I think it looks very promising. What are you going to do with it if it hatches? You can't raise it alone

lol, well my eggs are usually totally black, It might depend on the flashlight I guess, After looking on Meter farms Candling chart, it looks like your probably right.
Ok, I just wondered. I have lots of space, sometimes even I question what day they're on! Lol

I think it's getting close. Maybe another couple days, but I think it looks very promising. What are you going to do with it if it hatches? You can't raise it alone
I was in contact with a rehabber who said she’d take it if I could get it to hatch. If she doesn’t want to take the solo I will give it to friends who have tons of ducks. I live in the country just not ready for a flock of my own yet.

The others did that I believe 😕
Well, what I mean is they pause incubation and stop developing and then when heated back up they "come back" in a sense and keep growing. Sorry about the others. Did yoy eggtopsy them?

Well, what I mean is they pause incubation and stop developing and then when heated back up they "come back" in a sense and keep growing. Sorry about the others. Did yoy eggtopsy them?
Only one. I was too terrified to look inside honestly. But they were mostly clear except for a small black blob and the veins were disappearing if not disappeared. A few started to smell rancid.

Only one. I was too terrified to look inside honestly. But they were mostly clear except for a small black blob and the veins were disappearing if not disappeared. A few started to smell rancid.
Probably died early. It's sad when they don't make it. I think this one looks really good though, you're doing an awesome job! Update when it starts hatching! :)

Back
Top Bottom