what do i do!?!? little kitten- *UPDATE PICS*

sdshoars

Songster
11 Years
May 12, 2008
Texas
this morning my husband sent me outside cuz he heard a funny noise, and i found a little kitten in my backyard (which is fully fenced) mewing cuz it was cold and alone. it can't be more than 5 or 6 weeks old, its tiny. i took it in the house and showed it the food and litterbox and left to come to work. DH says we can't keep her, that he is tired of vet bills. there is a low-cost spay clinic about an hour and a half away, but he doesnt want to keep her in the house that long, it would probably be a month before she is big enough to spay. we just had a cold snap, it was 20 degrees the last two nights, so i cant put her back out. and i dont want to give her to anyone around here, because they dont fix their animals, they just let them roam free and produce tons of unwanted kitties. my uncle will pay to fix her, but i would have to keep her long enough to get big. what would you do???

Last edited:
Call them and see. A lot of them will spay/neuter kittens sooner. I don't know how healthy it is for them, though.

If your Husband is dead set about not keeping the kitten then do the right thing and bring the kitten to the humane shelter, they will be able to take good care of it.
OR maybe you can sweet talk your husband into letting you keep it!!!
Good Luck! and Please post a picture.

I'd have to agree with taking her to the shelter, as bad as that sounds. At least she'd be required to be spayed before going to another home.

You mean you don't have one of those husbands that just rolls his eyes and figures he can't argue with you so why try? You need to work on that!
smile.png

heres what works for me, "im trying to get rid of it, noone wants it,give me another week!" which pretty much turns into me getting my way! of course my hubby is a big softie! most vets will spay/nueter at 12 weeks if that helps. do you have a garage to maybe put it in?

no humane shelter here, the one that is 80 miles away is full and will not take kittens. my uncle lives in tx, i am in nevada. i talked to him, and we compromised that we will give her away, but we will interview potential adopters, and give her to people we are most comfortable with. which makes me happy, because she gets to sleep with me tonight!!! hehe

well..you probably shouldnt take my advice but....

1st: i would try to presuade my hubby..nicely..
big_smile.png
..just to try to prevent any problems...

2nd: if that didnt work..i would just say..
tongue.gif
...i'm keeping it...end of discussion...
smack.gif
...him around a bit(he likes that though...
roll.png
..)...heehe

But seirously...its your house also..and if you feel that you need to take care of this little guy..(even if its just till he's old enough to be fixed..or brought to a shelter)...i would do what i wanted...why wont he let you keep him 'till he can be fixed by your uncle?...i'm sorry but it would be a cold day before i put a tiny kitten out in the cold 'cause my husband told me to...LOL....(not that you did put it outside..i'm just saying..)..best of luck!
smile.png

edited to add:..just saw your post about the "compromise"..good!..
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom