What do I do now

Alex208

Chirping
Jul 11, 2017
So it's day 18 of the chicks in the incubator what do I do next I have heard that it is lock down day but I don't know what is lock down day and how can I raise the humidity in my homemade incubator.

When my eggs reach lockdown this is my routine. At this point I candle each egg to make sure its still alive, keep the incubator closed as much as possible. After I candle them, I set them all in the incubator on their side out of the turner ( if you're using one ). Then I put enough water in there to ramp up the incubator to at least 70 - 80% humidity. Then don't open it again until hatch day. I hope this helps. There may be other ways to do this, but this is just what works for me. I've never had any problems this way. Feel free to reply back if you have any other questions.

When my eggs reach lockdown this is my routine. At this point I candle each egg to make sure its still alive, keep the incubator closed as much as possible. After I candle them, I set them all in the incubator on their side out of the turner ( if you're using one ). Then I put enough water in there to ramp up the incubator to at least 70 - 80% humidity. Then don't open it again until hatch day. I hope this helps. There may be other ways to do this, but this is just what works for me. I've never had any problems this way. Feel free to reply back if you have any other questions.
Add the water in a dish or hand towels.

Back
Top Bottom