What do I do!!?

coupelesschics

Chirping
Aug 30, 2020
I have a chicken in the incubator half hatched. It keeps pushing. I don't know what to do!! I can see it's heart beating and I feel like it's getting weaker!!! Do I help it?it's hard to see bc of it's position in the incubator
PXL_20201229_093117678.jpg
16092347808494133812921811145692.jpg

These are really good links with excellent advice. Only happened to me once and I assisted. The chick lived until it was 6 years old in the end. So if it was me (and it isn't - it's you) - I would assist rather than regret not helping and watching it die in front of my eyes. But that's just me!

Good luck to you and to her/him.

Thanks! It made it out of its shell but it's been laying there for at least an hour. It's alive and still wet. It isn't getting up though. It looks like it's neck is twisted around but I can't tell for sure. I don't want to open the incubator bc there are several pipped eggs in there. Stress ful!!

Thanks! It made it out of its shell but it's been laying there for at least an hour. It's alive and still wet. It isn't getting up though. It looks like it's neck is twisted around but I can't tell for sure. I don't want to open the incubator bc there are several pipped eggs in there. Stress ful!!
Leave it in there for another day. It won’t need any food or water for about 24 hours. It will eventually fluff up and start moving when it’s done resting. Hatching is a very exhausting process for the chick

Leave it in there for another day. It won’t need any food or water for about 24 hours. It will eventually fluff up and start moving when it’s done resting. Hatching is a very exhausting process for the chick
Ok, I will!!! Thank you so much!!I'm so paranoid bc there's an egg by her face that should hatch soon. Lol paranoia is not my friend right now lol

Back
Top Bottom