What do I do?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by GooseGirl, Oct 9, 2009.

1. GooseGirl

GooseGirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2009
    when my goose hatched out her bill was all smushed up, it was all rite when she was little because her bill met, but now that she is older hardly any bill meets. I dont want to kill her but i dont want her to starve. What can i do? I've tried to give her ground corn mixed with corn, oats, and alfalfa, but it doesnt seem to be working [​IMG]

2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

can you post pictures?

did you say she's not eating?

is she drinking?

3. GooseGirl

Oct 6, 2009
    i cant post pictures, she does eat and drink but it seems reallly hard [​IMG] ill see if i can post pictures at someone elses house

4. Lund121671

Lund121671 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I am sure she will live a fine life. Here is what you need to do. Make sure your food dishes are deep at least 4-5 inches or more. That way she can shove her goofy bill deep into the food. I would stick with a small pellet and no ground food or crumble. Make sure you also give her a water dish that is FOR SURE 6-8 inches so she can totally submerge her head and keep all of the food etc. cleaned out of her mouth eyes etc.

5. GooseGirl

Oct 6, 2009
    Thx ill do that [​IMG]

6. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    She might do better with her food moistened. I agree on a deeper dish or bowl-good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by