Wordstoyourface

Chirping
May 3, 2021
Hi! I have around 30 chickiens,chickens, from 12 weeks to 25 weeks. I've noticed my younger ones are very thin. Everyone is active and eating. They all get along,I have cameras and check in periodically throughout the day while I'm at work. My layers are laying fine. I have 1 roo,and potentially 2 or 3 very young roos that have yet to crow. I'm currently feeding flock raiser with daily treats of table scraps and scratch and cracked corn,egg shells also. But my small ones,I can feel their breast bone protruding. There's enough feeders for everyone to eat without fighting. Is there something else I should be feeding them? I also have mixed breeds from silkies to brahma. Polish,sexlinks,orps,etc. I figured flock raiser was my best bet.

Attachments

• 7C78B22DE900_1639058954953.png
    7C78B22DE900_1639058954953.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
Do you have enough feeders that the entire flock can eat at once?

Are you free-feeding so that every bird can eat on it's own schedule and not have to compete with flockmates?

Are the older birds guarding feeders and/or harassing the younger ones?
I have 2 big feeders and I also throw food in daily. I haven't seen them guarding the food from the small ones. And when I throw food in and the rooster calls everyone over he let's them eat too

Back
Top Bottom