What do I need to do to her foot??

I am not sure if it is the angel of the photo or something else going on, but that toe looks unusually crooked and short. Is there a possibility that the toe broke somehow? Brakes can be painless. Because there is just something odd about the shape of that toe besides the obvious bulge.
I think it is deformed because of the large lump is pushing it out

I had to use a scalpel to open the bumble up the hard lump was on the top and bottom. The pic is of the bottom of her foot. I just made a small incision and popped that thing right out. I can't say the same will happen with your duck but sure looks like something is in there.

She is not limping or seems to be in any pain. We just happened to notice it. What do you think it is and what do I need to do to fix it? Thanks!
I agree with miss lydia, it looks like a bad bumble- I would follow her advice on treatment. Please do keep us updated on her!

One of my girls is currently developing the start of bumble foot- I'd recommend checking the living arrangement, make sure the ground she's kept on isn't too hard. You don't want to treat this just for it to come back or affect another one.
My mistake was temporarily keeping mine on very compacted soil- Anything hard, or rough, like stones, concrete, things they can scratch their feet on, etc, can cause this.
Good luck with treatment!

I agree with miss lydia, it looks like a bad bumble- I would follow her advice on treatment. Please do keep us updated on her!

One of my girls is currently developing the start of bumble foot- I'd recommend checking the living arrangement, make sure the ground she's kept on isn't too hard. You don't want to treat this just for it to come back or affect another one.
My mistake was temporarily keeping mine on very compacted soil- Anything hard, or rough, like stones, concrete, things they can scratch their feet on, etc, can cause this.
Good luck with treatment!
They free range out in the country. So lots of things to get cut on.

Back
Top Bottom