What do royal palm turkey eggs look like??

zatsdeb

Songster
12 Years
Oct 2, 2007
Lincoln, Illinois
Maybe that would answer my question, we don't know what the royal palm eggs look like. I have 2 royal palm turkeys, the majority of peeps here think I have 2 hens... we have a white pekin duck laying.. maybe? or are they turkey eggs?? they are white.

TURKEY EGGS ARE A PINKISH COLOR WITH SPOTTING/FRECKLING MARKS ALL OVER THEM, SOME ARE A WHITISH COLOR BUT NOT COMPLETELY WHITE, MAYBE POST A PICTURE THAT WILL HELP MORE THEN A DESCRIPTION.

I was hoping that someone would post a picture of what they have, the eggs we have been picking up are all off white, not speckled. looks like the duck eggs. like yellowish tint to them. big like the duck eggs.

Then you got ducks, turkey eggs are speckled they also have a blunt point and very round on the other end when you see your first turkey egg you will know. duck eggs are waxy turkeys are not

if you want a photo I can get you one yet tonight.

Last edited:
I will take a picture of my royal palm egg. If yours arent speckled then I dont think they are RP eggs.

Let me download the picture
smile.png

Here is one
smile.png

16218_015.jpg

Next to a chicken egg

16218_014.jpg

Last edited:
thanks rickihupp! it is not that, looks more waxy like the duck egg. my DH says that turkey eggs break easier than duck eggs too, I don't know but the egg I found is not speckled like yours.
I guess I will check again tomorrow to see if there is another egg and maybe it is my duck. she has started laying again, and I think it is a duck egg. trying to hatch it wouldn't work if it was a turkey egg if I have 2 hens though!!!
thanks again!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=146431
this is my link with pictures of my 8 month old royal palms. someone told me that I had 2 hens. they look the same, but kinda different.

Last edited:
Ok I have a question about turkey eggs, I got one like the one in the picture and now all i'm getting are white ones, they are bigger then my duck eggs and pointer, they look just like the turkey eggs but no color, can this happen?
Thank you for your help .

My white Holland lays speckled eggs and my standard bronze lays solid white eggs most of the time. But sometimes the eggs are both speckled and sometimes they are both white. So I guess it just depends on the turkey. As long as you are sure it's a turkey egg I wouldn't worry about the color.

Thank you They are royal palms I'll take a picture and post them so you can see I never had turkeys before so It will be nice to get some feed back.

Back
Top Bottom