What do the neighbors have that I don't?

The neighbors dog has gotten loose and gotten in our yard bothering our chickens and horses. So my husband feels like we shouldn't allow our chickens in the neighbors yard when we have complained about the dog getting loose in our yard. As far as the fence idea I will run that by my husband and see what he thinks. We only have a 10X10 dog pen we use as the run. I would like for the hens to have more room to forage and eat up ticks etc during the summer. My husband wants me to find a new home for my instigating hen, the leader of all the trouble lol she leads everyone else into trouble...
I have one of those, lmao, always taking my ladies where they shouldn't be

I have the opposite problem. I moved here in July, and worked hard making my chicken yard a wonderful place for my chickens. They have lots of places to roost, hide, lots of forage and feed, and the neighbors "free range" their chickens in my yard. Three of their chickens have been in my yard for 3 days, roosting in my coop. I'm tired of returning their chickens to them. They also let their dog out and can't figure out why he doesn't understand boundaries. He killed 2 of my chickens.

I don't want to have to go to any extra effort to keep their chickens or dogs out of my gigantic hen yard. I bought lots of fencing to keep my hens in, clip wings when needed and they just let their animals run amok. Whenever my chickens see me, they come running. Now when the neighbor's chickens see me, they come running too.

I guess the man got angry and called to say one of my chickens was in his yard. I went over and explained to his wife that their chickens were in my breeding pens, not just my yard. I told her I didn't care if they free ranged in the unfenced area, but I don't want them in my breeding pens. When I told her 3 of her chickens were in my coop for 3 days, she laughed and said they had no idea how many chickens they have. I told her they had 8 chickens and 2 ducks. She then let slip that they had let the chickens out to free range since they were out of feed, and hadn't found the time to go to the feed store. No wonder the chickens were in my pens.

I guess the man got angry and called to say one of my chickens was in his yard. I went over and explained to his wife that their chickens were in my breeding pens, not just my yard. I told her I didn't care if they free ranged in the unfenced area, but I don't want them in my breeding pens. When I told her 3 of her chickens were in my coop for 3 days, she laughed and said they had no idea how many chickens they have. I told her they had 8 chickens and 2 ducks. She then let slip that they had let the chickens out to free range since they were out of feed, and hadn't found the time to go to the feed store. No wonder the chickens were in my pens.

At this point a report about animal neglect might be appropriate since they're leaving them without feed. :(

Back
Top Bottom