What do they want?

Could be that they are formulating a plan pertaining to your demise.

Perhaps they are one wing of a super secret service agency and they are spying, since a wire tap failed to provide sufficient evidence against you.

Maybe they have been visited by aliens who have taken over their bodies to gain information on the secret lives of humans.

Either that or they know that's where the food comes from. Tell me, are they packing heat?

(So sorry. I just had this mental picture of a posse standing outside your door. Please note the emphasis on the word "mental".)

I had to shoo my little flock out of my kitchen several times this weekend. The birds are between 4-8 weeks old so this was their first group adventure (post-brooder) into the kitchen. They puttered around the yard quite a bit but did hang out right outside the door while I was doing chores inside. They stick pretty close to me when I'm outside.

Presumably that's what I wanted when I created such tame chickens... we'll see if my plan was wise or not!
lol.png
They're starting to run to me when I go out, which is adorable. Of course, they're also major pig chickens now.
roll.png

my girls do the same thing. Unfortunately it creates a big mess on the concrete outside the door. A few days ago, I was outside with my coffee, and all the girls were gathered around. Since I've heard no crowing from anyone, I was wondering if they knew what a rooster was supposed to sound like. So, my wise thought was "wonder what will happen if I make a crowing noise?" There is no screen door on the building there, just the main door. it was open. I hardly had the "ROO-OO-OOO-OO-OOOOO" out of my mouth when there was a mad stampede and all 20 chickens were inside and under the table in a tight little huddle. It was hard, with the laughing:lol:, to get them back outside before the poo started. Won't do that again. BTW, I crack up when I hear them running on the concrete. Sounds like lots of little kids in flip flops clapping their hands
clap.gif

Last edited:
my girls do the same thing. Unfortunately it creates a big mess on the concrete outside the door. A few days ago, I was outside with my coffee, and all the girls were gathered around. Since I've heard no crowing from anyone, I was wondering if they knew what a rooster was supposed to sound like. So, my wise thought was "wonder what will happen if I make a crowing noise?" There is no screen door on the building there, just the main door. it was open. I hardly had the "ROO-OO-OOO-OO-OOOOO" out of my mouth when there was a mad stampede and all 20 chickens were inside and under the table in a tight little huddle.

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

Last edited:
I hardly had the "ROO-OO-OOO-OO-OOOOO" out of my mouth when there was a mad stampede and all 20 chickens were inside and under the table in a tight little huddle.

OMG that's funny.

And I thought herding 4 chickens was a major endeavor... WHEW! 20 in the kitchen...
th.gif

Quote:
OMG, I tried the same thing with very similar results! I was out in the coop examining my chicks to try to figure out which ones were roos, and I remembered reading that the boys sometimes won't crow for quite a while if there are no adult roosters around to show them how it's done. So I tried crowing to see if I could trick any of the sneaky boys into revealing themselves.

Instead, all I did was cause my entire flock to scatter to the corners of the coop and flatten themselves out in terror!
hmm.png

So much for that idea!
tongue.png

Mine do the same thing, the watch through the windows while perched on my flower boxes. Free Fertizlier for the flowers!!!

They are watching me type right now. I think they want to say hi
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom