What do y’all think? Hens or Roosters?!

Aschernecker

In the Brooder
Aug 9, 2023
Well we have 8 chickens, and these two are by far the biggest ones we have. They stand straighter and taller too. They’re about 18 weeks old….

Attachments

• IMG_6235.jpeg
    IMG_6235.jpeg
    474.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6128.jpeg
    IMG_6128.jpeg
    644.9 KB · Views: 5
Both are boys. No way to keep them from fertilizing the eggs unless you keep the separated from the girls. May I ask, why don't you want fertilized eggs?

Both are boys. No way to keep them from fertilizing the eggs unless you keep the separated from the girls. May I ask, why don't you want fertilized eggs?
Well they’re my mom’s chickens, and she said she doesn’t want that. She’s been pretty firm about not eating an egg that’s been fertilized for some reason.

Well they’re my mom’s chickens, and she said she doesn’t want that. She’s been pretty firm about not eating an egg that’s been fertilized for some reason.

May I ask why, again? She hopefully knows that fertilized eggs are not alive, they do not have an embryo, and you don't kill anything by eating them

There is a good chance that eggs that ya'll have bought in the grocery store have been fertilized and you didn't even know it ;)

May I ask why, again? She hopefully knows that fertilized eggs are not alive, they do not have an embryo, and you don't kill anything by eating them
She just has an ick about it, but I’ll show her this and see if I can change her mind! I’d love to have them around they’re honestly very sweet and gentle. Eat from my hands and everything.

Back
Top Bottom