What do you collect?

I collect salt and pepper shakers that are figurines. I inherited 9 shaker sets from my great grandmother. I especially like ones that kiss.
23790_dsc02148.jpg

Quote:
Mom collects McCoy. She won't let me have her McCoy roosters though
hit.gif

DH says I collect everything. Calls it Pack Rat Syndrome. He is not happy about it, either...

Jan collects Hobbs glass and quilting patterns. I have my '62 Galaxie, '53 Farmall Super C tractor and I collect 50s and 60s LP and 45 records. We have a 1951 Seeburg (Happy Days style) jukebox that we restored.

Galaxiecoverphoto.jpg

I never park it on the street or in parking lots where it can get door dinged. Unless it is at a car show, it is almost never out of my sight. It has however been in many parades on Broadway street over the years. It's greatest honor was carrying Congressional Medal of Honor hero Michael Novasel in the 2000 Salute To Veteran's Parade.

Quote:
lau.gif

My grandma sings that song every time I go over there!!!

That's a song?
hu.gif

"I'm Chiquita Banana, and I've come to say
Bananas have to ripen in a certain way.
And when they are flecked with brown
and have a golden hue,
Bananas taste the best, and are the best for you.
You can put them in a salad. You can put
them in a pie - aye.
Anyway you want to eat them it's
impossible to beat them.
But bananas like the climate of the very,
very tropical equator.
So you should never put bananas in the refrigerator."

There is nothing funnier than hearing an old lady sing it on the answering machine!!
gig.gif

Well, lets see..
children
dogs
cats
dairy goats ( they were supposed to be a hobby, right!!)
CHIckENS
fish
crud ( it's multiplying all over the house, and just about anything that doesn't belong to me has been labled crud lately..LOL)
bills
dust bunnies
and seem to be adding musical instruments to the list a few at a time.
I guess that's all for now,bu I never know when something else will come along!!!

Geek alert!!! I still got my stamp collection from 25 years ago, lots of countrys.
I collect chicken stuff, fabric, theme park mugs
my DH and me together collect Harley Davidson shirts and Ohio state items
eta we also have some S&P shakers. My DH loves his Santa and Miss Claus shakers.
And on christmas we go all out with our decorations.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom