What do you do if your order is wrong?

I don't know I have never ordered from them and after a year plus hearing about them I won't. I ordered from Meyer and they were wonderful. Great shipping, great customer service and they were very polite when I called about one expiring 3 days after receiving her. Never a rudeness nor a "tone" very pleasant.

I am sorry your order was messed up. Why didn't they just cancel your order and re-write it? I don't know it is not that hard to keep up with really if they do it in the computer at the time.

Good luck stay on them.

Quote:
My question? Why does it take them three shipments to get a live order to you? That tells me it is not a hatchery I want to deal with. If they cannot send me healthy chicks the first time okay I accept some loss but the second time? Another example of why I will not order from them or recommend them.

It drives me crazy when customer service people put the blame on you for the companies error. You didn't change your order too badly, and I've done the same with orders I've placed through Ideal. I'd try calling back today if I were you (I hate having lose ends when dealing CS). Good luck with McMurray, and I'm sorry for you losses.
hugs.gif

Sonja

I don't think I'll get replacements, as the replacements won't equal to 25 chicks and I don't want to have to buy more chicks just to get my 3 Black Cochins.
hmm.png

I've used Meyers before for other breeds, and I've been happy with their chicks.

McMurray was always my favorite hatchery to order from.

Mostly I was disappointed because I have been telling my Black Cochin Roo, Polk, that I have 3 Beautiful ladies coming for him....but that it would be a few months before they could live with him. I know, I know...silly of me, but I'm disappointed that I won't have ladies for him now.

Quote:
They should give you packing peanuts to ensure a full box at no charge to you...

We have miserably cold weather up here this spring. I think a lot of this mortality is due more to the nasty weather in Minneapolis (or wherever the USPS ships through) than McMurray.

I ordered last fall. 13 DOA and 12 more died within 12-36 hours. They weren't very healthy and I tried really hard to keep them alive. To make it much worse my purebreds I ordered all grew up to be EE except for one BO and one Barred Rock. I had ordered BO pullets, White Leghorn Pullets, RIR straight run, and Barred Rock Straight Run.

I won't ever be doing business with them again. They changed their story each time we talked to them on the phone and we never did change our order. Turned out ours were shipped from TX but the lady on the phone didn't want to admit it and just said be patient when we were trying to track down our chicks we knew had been shipped to us. It took our precious chicks 4.5 days to finally get to us which is probably why we had so many die. We got our money back for the 13 DOAs as they said they were sold out and could not send a replacement but we didn't want a replacement order anyways after our last very rude phone conversation with the hatchery lady.

Mine arrived alive, but as adults they are all so not to breed I might as well have bought mutts from the guy down the road. I am buying from Meyer this year, but won't get my order until April 21st so don't know their quality yet.

I have been told by numerous people to stay away from McM.

I would call back and see if you can talk to someone else. Do they have record of your changes? If there was a problem with you making changes they should have told you when you made the changes, not after the order arrived. Don't be rude when you call back, but be firm.

Every time I have had to call McM I have never had a rude person answer the phone.
I called them today because I had a blond moment and forgot to write down a delivery date for my replacement chicks.
chicks came in in a nasty storm last month and13 died as a result, not Mc M fault, it was a weather issue and a date I chose to have them shipped at. McM replaced them anyway.
Had I not been in a rush for chicks the weather would have been warmer and mortality wouldn't have been so high.
again my fault.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom