Votes: 143 43.2%
  • Give away

Votes: 213 64.4%
  • Throw away

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 88 26.6%

• Total voters
Wow! We're getting chicks any day now - but we're only allowed 3 hens, we will never have too many eggs. One teen takes 2 hardboiled eggs in her lunch every day, and one spouse takes 4. Plus we make our own mayo, and most of the family adores devilled eggs made with the mayo. I know our pastor's family keeps chickens, I see Lisa bringing cartons of eggs she sells. Heck, see if there's a homeless shelter that could use eggs.
Deviled eggs are the best! Do you use a specific mayonnaise recipe? My recipe failed. ;(

My family gets about 8 eggs a day. We give them to family, friends, and anybody that comes to our house. We often have omelets and keish. My mayonnaise failed although I’m looking for another recipe.
I know this sounds weird but you could dye the eggs to use as decoration. Not sure about that but I guess you could try?

Hope you find something to do with all your eggs!

Pickled eggs. All around favorite has been a cajun recipe. However, many recipes online - go with a recipe that has been out a few years and has many good reviews.

use a recipe online resource that you can search by ingredient. Here is one resource I've used:
https://www.epicurious.com/ Use advanced search to search by ingredient "egg", then sort by meal or other filters. You'll be surprised at some innovative recipes and you may find a new family favorite!

Reduce the number of chickens to reduce the number of eggs

Donate to a food pantry or soup kitchen. However, ask pertinent questions before donating if worried about any repercussions. You'll likely get a donation receipt that might be eligible for tax deduction if you itemize - since I am not a tax professional you will need to do your homework to determine the specifics.

Feed your other animals the leftover eggs (cooked)

We eat a lot of eggs via breakfast or baking, so we only have excess some of the time. We have a few friends or co-workers that we share the extras with.

My kids love "breakfast for dinner" as we serve only fruit (no veggies), eggs and an animal protein, some kind of carb (like waffles or pancakes or homemade biscuits) - but this is only occasional, making it a special event to the kids - did I mention no veggies (lol).

Add a couple of eggs on pizza and broil to cook - I've seen this served in restaurants, but usually results in runny yolks so this would be a no-go if that is not appealing to your family.

Add an egg to a burger - called "cowboy style"

Deviled eggs are the best! Do you use a specific mayonnaise recipe? My recipe failed. ;(

We originally got it from the first Whole 30 ebook. I think nowadays Miles is just doing it from memory. Try this
https://whole30.com/2014/05/mayo/
The room temperature part and the SLOWLY part are important.

There's another thing I do with eggs - but only during Lent - I write pysanky! 20190331_015105.jpg

Back
Top Bottom