What do you do with an unmotivated 18 year old?

No.. you dont need to clean up the new apartment. He will probably not appreciate it anyway, may even resent it, even if he says thank you, he probably does not want his momma cleaning up after him. Try not to worry so much.. and leave him be. You should put his money into a special account, his OWN bank account.. if he cant have one then give him all the cash once a month. He'll have to practice monetary responsibility for *himself* or he will never be independant. You will always have to play momma... is that what you want?

@ ewesheep it was not clean to begin with but he is not the cleanest either. He has no cleaning stuff there to do any cleaning.

@ squishy I am not cleaning after him it is kinda of a dumpy place and not cleaned very well before he moved in so I was gonna help him get setup originally but was sick yesterday and did alot here the day before and getting him over there that day....I left him there on the 1st at 10:30pm.

He has mental illness and I am his payee. I will pay his bills and then give him some money each week and only each week that day, for now and see how it goes. Oh and no that is not what I want. I am taking small steps to set him up to be successful not immediately fail, why would he try if that is all that is gonna happen. A lot to take in all at once.

Last edited:
I would not give him all the money up front at first until he grasp the idea of how to be independent. Take care of his apartment and ulitities first to be paid, then give him an allowance is all he has for the week. If he comes out ahead with money still in his pocket, give him a bit more the following week until he got an idea how to manage money.

cattle prod

military school

using an air horn to wake him up, then keep honking til he gets out of bed. (did this with my big brother but I got my butt kicked by him lol)

Barry Manilow records--probably send him running screaming down the street

my mother in law. she could galvanize the most shiftless creature into dancing the tango

nyuk nyuk nyuk

yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom